Chapter 14 (Ember)

Ember walked from the Gryffindor Tower to the Quidditch Field with the rest of the girls from the 1st year dorm.  There were eight girls in total. 

     "Are you extcited?  Its going to be an awesome match.  Slytherin versus Gyrffindor!"  cheered Celeste as she skipped around the rest of the girls excitedly. The girls arrived at the stands and got to their spots.  Ember looked around and saw that Taehyung was near by with some other other other Hufflepuffs, including Kim Seokjin.  Another older face that she regonized was Kim Namjoon who was chatting with Seokjin.  Ember  began to wonder where Hazel was since she wasn't by Namjoon. 

    Ember scooted past her fellow first years over to where the older boys were.  On her way past she and Taehyung exchanged a quick glare before he looked away to ignore her as she kept moving.

     "Hey Namjoon, Seokjin."  greeted Ember.

"Oh hey Ember.  Are you looking for Hazel May?"  asked Namjoon.  Ember nodded in reply.  "She's over on the Slytherin side with Jungkook.  Apprently Jimin was pretty muddled over it, but she said she'd come cheer on Gryffindor's side next game.  Said something about wanting to cheer for her two Slytherin players since Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok are both playing."  smiled Namjoon.

    "Sounds like something she's say.  Thanks for letting me know!"  Ember had to hollar over the cheers that sounded as the annoucer's voice was heard as the match was about to begin.

The match was a good one.  It was a close game, but Slytherin's seeker, Winston Clarke, caught the Snitch.  Ember could see Jimin, who was one of the Gryffindor Chasers, was pretty dissapointed since he himself had a good game and had earned many of the points for Gryffindor.  Ember and the rest of the Gryffindors headed back towards the school grounds.   When they made it back Celeste, Katherine, Greer, Ember, and two other Gryffindor 1st year girls were hanging around in the courtyard before supper was supposed to start soon.

     "You're were just excited to see Hoseok Jung play for Slytherin."  teased Ember.  Celeste gave a look of mock betrayal. 

    "I was not!"  she gasped.  "Of course I'm going to be cheered for Gryffindor!  What kind of Gryffindor do you think I am!?"

    "Oh I have no doubt you cheered for Gryffindor, but it was Hoseok that had your eyes."  grinned Ember.

   "We'll you'd have to take you're eyes off of Yoongi to be able to know."  teased Celeste back at Ember who just rolled her eyes in reply.  Ever since she had talked with Yoongi in the Hospital Wing they've had a few other conversations.  One was after he sought her out after one of her classes...which many of her fellow Gryffindor first year classmates saw and now there were rumors about them flying around the school.

   "She doesn't even deny it."  scoffed Katherine, who was salty when anyone other than herself got attention from any males.

   "We're just friends.  There's nothing wrong with having friends from other houses."  chided Ember, now slightly annoyed.

   "It is when the other house is Slytherin."  Hissed Katherine.  "Besides, he's way to old for you."   It was Ember's turn to scoff.

   "You're just jealous because all the boys you like avoid you like the plauge."  snapped Ember.  All the girls that were around echoed an "oh" at Ember's retort.

   "Why don't you just go back to your minging muggle parents?"  snapped Katherine.  "Oh wait, I doubt they would want a slag of a daughter like you home."  Ember didn't think twice as she whipped out her wand and pointed it at Katherine.  

    "What was that?  Say it again Summers?  What about my parents?"  snarled Ember.  

    "You won't do anything.  You wouldn't dare risk getting in trouble."  scoffed Katherine as Ember kept her wand pointed at her.  Soon other students began to gather around.