Chapter 21

Dean POV:

I stare at the ceiling in the darkened room and try to change Seth's mind as we lay on the bed. I'm sure it will be difficult, but I'm not going to give up until the tortoise gets out of his mind.

"Baby, be a good boy and just listen to what I'm saying. It bit me and also it will bite you." I throw my hands up in the air and hope he will think about this.

"Maybe it would! It bit you because you don't want him, but it doesn't bite me because I want him. If you cool with him, he won't bite you." He advises me and turns his side to get sleep.

"Seth, you already have a pet Deanie and that's enough for you. No one has a tortoise as a pet." I try to convince him and place my hand on his arm, soothing him slowly.

He smacks my hand away like a petulant child and turns to glare at me, "Then why did Alexa keep this? I know you tried to change my mind, but I won't give up." Even in this darkened room, I can see his chocolate brown orbs glaring at me.

I try to talk to him again, but he covers my mouth with his hand and says, "I'm tired of arguing with you. I need sleep now so please let me take it.."

I nod and move my hand to stroke his hair, letting him have his beauty sleep. When I hear a snore from him, I move away and get up from the bed to go to the bathroom. I look around to find a tortoise and pick it up from the floor.

I return to the room and look over the sleeping beauty on the bed. "Sorry, sweetheart," I whisper and drag his blanket slightly to let the tortoise in. I sigh and lay on the bed beside him, waiting to hear a scream from him.

I close my eyes when he holds me a little closer, one hand coming up to run through my blonde hair. He tucks his face into my neck and lets out a moan when the tortoise moves on his body.

I bite my lip as I think I have never felt this kind of heat before. I didn't speak, just taking in the warmth that is radiating off his body until I hear him scream aloud.

"Dean, something bit me!" He yells as he gets up quickly, not knowing what bit him.

I miss the warmth of him, but I didn't show it on my face and get up from the bed, pretending that I know nothing about this. "What, sweetheart? Why are you yelling at this late night?" I rub his arm to comfort him.

He throws the blanket away instead of answering me and checks what bit him. "How did it come here? I put him in the bathroom, then how could it be here?" He asks confusedly and stares at the tortoise.

"Maybe it would come here to see his new friend!" I shrug and lay back on the bed.

He shakes me violently and makes me sit on the bed. "Can you give it back to Alexa's house by telling a lie that it came behind us without we knew?" He asks and turns to see the tortoise.

"Why, baby? You argued with me earlier for keeping this, but now you tell me to keep this away from you." I tell him, pretending that I don't understand anything that is going on.

He pulls my hand and lifts his shirt up to put my hand on his stomach. "It bit me here and it hurts. Can you see the bruise?" He asks and rubs his aching area a little.

I nod and take the tortoise from the bed to keep it back in the bathroom. I comfort him until he forgets everything and goes back to his sleepy state. I shouldn't let the tortoise bit him for getting him back on the track, but I had no other way at that time.

Seth POV:

The next morning when we wake up, Dean takes his phone and calls Alexa to know whether she has any plans to go outside in the afternoon. To our bad luck, she has a date with a guy, so she tells us to come to her house after lunch.

We spend the entire morning as usual by chatting and watching television. He tells me to get ready after 2.00 pm, but I refuse to get up from the couch, wanting to see my favorite series.

He tells me that he will go to Alexa's house to give the tortoise back, but I didn't let him go. After my favorite series is over, I get up from the couch and go to my room to get ready.

"Shall we go?" I ask as I get out of the room and see him in the living room.

"Yeah.. just wait," He says and takes a hoodie from the rack then tosses it to me.

I catch it and look at him with a puzzled, "What do I need a jacket for?"

"You don't get a cold to suppose if we are late." He says and waits for me to slip the jacket on. He grabs my hand and takes me outside. He gets on the bike and so I slip my leg on it, holding him tight as he starts.

A few minutes later, we reach Alexa's house and give the tortoise back to her. She gives me a smile and offers me to help her in the kitchen. I help her and learn some things as she cooks.

When Dean gets a call from Jey, he tells me to leave her house, but I don't want to. Alexa tells him that she will drop me in our house when she goes to work and convinces him to do his work whatever Jey has told. He accepts somehow and leaves me in her house to do his work.