Chapter 26

Dean POV:

I am sitting on the couch, watching television to escape from boredom. I glance at Seth every five minutes as he plays with the dog with a cute smile on his face. I'm really happy because the fever has left him finally. I don't know what I did to get him and keep him with me. I really thank God for sending this beautiful to my life.

I give him a slight smile as he turns to look at me with a frowning face. He gets up from the floor and makes his way to me to talk about something. Before I blink an eye, he lies on the couch and places his head on my lap.

I let my mind wander to this moment and stroke his hair slowly, "What happened?"

He sighs noisily instead of giving me an answer. I can understand he needs attention now so I roll my eyes and place my hand on his cheek to rub it gently, "What is it Seth?"

"I don't know," He mumbles and turns his head to the right to look at the coffee table.

I pick up the remote that is next to me and turn off the television. "You've got my undivided attention so talk to me." I try to get in his mind to know what is bothering him and glance at our reflection in the television. We look like lovers embracing each other on the couch. Too bad it is only an image, not reality.

He groans and runs his fingers through his scalp, displacing some of the hair in his ponytail. "I don't know what to do!" The frustration is obvious in his deep, gravely voice.

"About?" I ask and look at him curiously. I can see him thinking about something serious. What makes this cute princess ruminate about it? I need to know whatever it is because I didn't see him like this before.

He shots me a look, "I.." He pauses for a bit and sucks his bottom lip before continuing, "I don't know." He repeats the same again.

I shake my head and try to talk to him, but my phone interrupts me. I excuse myself and take my phone out to know who is calling me. I smile and attend the call as I stroke his hair, "Hey Alexa."

"Hey dude, can you come to the club earlier?" She asks in an excited tone.

"For what?" I ask with a huge smile on my face because I'm sure she has some news for me. I should help her in any way because she only adjusts and covers my place in the club when I'm not at work.

"I'll show you the guy who I talked to you that day. He has work tonight so he can't come to the bar at the usual time but he accepts to meet you guys on the way to work when I pleaded with him." She says with a long sigh and I can understand how much she would try to convince him.

"Don't worry, I'll be there on time." I smile and notice Seth glare at me as I talk to her. He pouts and goes to his room with an irritated face. I don't know what happened to him so I quickly hang up the phone and follow him.

He looks at me from the corner of his eye as he throws the blanket away and collapses on the bed. I sigh and sit on the bed beside him to know what happened. "You alright? You seem a little irritated." I say and stroke his hair, hoping nothing would happen to him.

"I'm fine." He chides and crosses his arms over his chest.

"You don't sound fine. What happened?" I ask and look at him in the eyes until my phone rings. I huff and move my hand to my pocket to take the phone out, but he grabs my hand and gets up from the bed.

I'm shocked when I see the tears in his eyes. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" I pull him into my arms and hold him against my chest, petting his hair.

"I can't lose you. I have no one for me except you and you always tell me that my parents are out of state but they didn't seem to care for me. Please, don't leave me!" He cries hard as he clings onto me.

"Who told you that I'm leaving you?" I ask and wipe his tears away. I don't know what makes him think like this. I always think and care about him, but he gets scared of losing me. I can notice the hurt in his voice instead of the irritation that he showed me earlier.

"No one has told me but what if you leave me for Alexa?" He asks and looks up at me in the eyes.

"What?" I ask in a confused tone until I get what he means it. He gets scared of Alexa that she will get me away from him when I told about the pharmacy incident. I cup his cheeks and kisses his forehead, "I told you already that she is just my friend. But you didn't like that, you are my everything! I won't leave you whatever happens because I can't... If I leave you, I'll feel my heart is leaving me. Without heart, how can I live, huh?"

"Do you love me?" He asks suddenly and makes me tensed a bit. I get up from the bed and try to leave, but he grabs my hand and pulls me back on the bed before leaning against the headboard with his legs crossed. "I remember the kiss you gave me that day in the bathroom." He mumbles and plays with his fingers.

I swallow hard and look down without telling anything. How can I talk to him anymore? I can't. I'm too nervous to face him but I have no other way than admitting it so I look back into his eyes and breathe, "Yeah... I'm in love with you!"

"Really?" He gets surprised and pulls me into a hug. "That means you can't leave me and we are stuck with each other."

I pull away from the hug and place my hand on his cheek, "I admit that I love you and I'm fucking attracted to you. Now it's your turn, just say it, baby. Do you love me?"

"Hmm.." He hesitates to tell me and clasps his hands together. He then looks at me in the eyes and asks, "...Can we do the kissy thing again?"

I nod slowly and wrap my arms around his waist as I pull him closer to my body. I lean down and close my eyes just before our lips meet and it feels like I'm in heaven. His kiss is just like his smile. It is so innocent but the most beautiful thing that happens in my life.

"I love you too." He mumbles and moves his lips softly against mine while wrapping his arms around my neck and holds me a little tighter. I didn't pull back but keep kissing him as graciously as I can, holding him close to my body and making sure he is comfortable in this position.

Sadly, we have to break away to keep ourselves from suffocating. We take a couple of breaths and stare at each other. I lose myself in his eyes and get amazed as I see his parted pink lips with a cute gap between his front teeth on display. I smile and pull him into a hug, thanking God for giving this wonderful moment in my life.