3.8

THIRTY-EIGHT.
when the fates were sealed

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"The infamous Jedi.. Adalyn Varyk."

It was like my heart just stopped, and everything was moving in slow motion. My eyes were glued to Moff Gideon, the suspicious looking man whom I've heard of before. Sweat began making its way down my face. I was shocked and full of fear.

I struggled to speak, "H-How did you..?"

"Shh.." Derek smirked, whispering in my ear. "Let the man speak."

".. I'm sure you are aware of the fact that you're a Coruscanti. But what you may not have known was that your parents were Mandalorians. After selling themselves out and betraying their homeworld, the Varyks escaped to Coruscant to keep the secrets of their traitorous acts upon Mandalore and their Creed away from you; to raise you without any problems."

My eyes widened. 'How does this man know more about my family than I do? My parents were.. Mandalorians?'

"However, when you took your very first breath, your mother took her last. And your father blamed you for her death, didn't he?"

I clenched my teeth at the thought of it. I tried to speak up, but the only that came out of my mouth was a whimper. I'd never felt so defenseless in my life.

He seemed very amused at my reaction, so he continued, "That only triggered your hatred for him after all the abuse you endured as a child. That's why you killed him."

".. N-No! Stop it!" I screamed, tears blurring my vision as I shook my head. "That's not.."

My head throbbed, pain overcoming my body as if knives were cutting through my skin. I fell to my knees as I pulled my arms out of Derek's grasp. I held my head, grimacing.

"Just accept it," Derek chuckled, staring down at me as I suffered. "You're a murderer."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I was only eight at the time.

I remember that day as if it happened yesterday. The vivid imagery was ingrained inside my mind. I don't remember many words that were spoken that day. They were all just scenes playing in my head like a silent movie.

I was humming to myself as I walked towards our apartment. I was about to knock on the door when I realized that it was slightly ajar. I tilted my head to the side in confusion. I peeked in and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, so I stepped inside. I gently closed the door and looked around.

I clutched a metal object, a bar of Beskar, in my tiny hands -- it gave me comfort. I walked around, searching for any signs of my father. I was scared, shaking out of fear.

I took a step closer to a room where I had heard yelling from. I pressed my ear against the door where sounds of protesting were louder than ever. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I pressed the Beskar closer to my chest.