Ghosts

[ SOFT & ANGST ]
[ SITH FORCE GHOST ]

Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan all laughed together as they sat around the table and shared a meal. It was one of their few free days, a very rare occurrence, and they decided to spend it with each other.

Anakin made another cheesy joke, and Obi-Wan shook his head, holding back a chuckle.

Ahsoka looked towards Obi-Wan. "Master, is it okay if I spend the night tonight? It's late, and I don't really feel like walking to my quarters."

Obi-Wan smiled. "Of course, Ahsoka, you can stay. I can give you a blanket for you to sleep on the couch." He answered as he picked up the now dirty dishes from the table and headed towards the sink.

"If snips is staying here, I might as well, too. If only it's okay with you, Obi-Wan." Anakin piped in.

"But, Master, where would you sleep?" Ahsoka asked. "Obi-Wan just has a couch and a recliner."

"I'll sleep on the recliner then," Anakin grinned, looking at Obi-Wan.

The Jedi Master sighed. "Okay, Anakin, I guess you can stay. I'll be right back, I need to get you two blankets." He said as he left the room.

Ahsoka squinted at Anakin. "You seemed really eager to stay here, Master."

"I just want to spend some time with you both, without being on a mission." He crossed his arms. "What? You wanted to have some private time with Obi-Wan to talk about boys?" Anakin teased.

Ahsoka's face turned bright red. "No, not at all, Master. Why aren't you with Padmé?" She shot back.

"Padmé is on a diplomatic mission, Ahsoka. I thought you were observant." Anakin joked.

"I mean, I'm your padawan." Ahsoka giggled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Anakin squinted his eyes and frowned playfully.

Obi-Wan came back into the room. "Don't kill each other, please. It'll make a mess all over my place." He said as he placed the blankets on the couch & recliner. "There, all set, now get to bed, I can't go to sleep if you both are giggling in here."

"Okay, Master." Ahsoka said as she walked over to the couch, laid down on it, and crawled under the covers.

Anakin did the same, but with the recliner. "Goodnight, Obi-Wan." He whispered.

Obi-Wan flicked the lights off.

Obi-Wan woke up in a cold sweat. He felt an extreme disturbance in the force. The hair on the back of his neck stood up. He wasn't the paranoid type, but the atmosphere in his bedroom certainly made him that way. Rubbing his eyes, he took deep breaths as he tried to calm himself down.

He didn't have a dream, or a nightmare, so it was a bit out of the ordinary to why he woke up like this. To why he woke up with fear that made him tremble.

Obi-Wan's sleepy vision struggled to focus as he opened his eyes. He squinted around the room, his body freezing as he saw the red glow of a Sith Force Ghost.

The horns which decorated the top of his head were all too familiar. the black and white patterns that expanded across his skin made him look menacing. And the yellow glow of those eye's consumed by hatred and revenge burned into Obi-Wan's soul.

Maul took a step closer, Obi-Wan jumped, perhaps too much, and tumbled off of his bed. He used the force to summon his saber in his hand as he backed away in the corner of his bedroom.

"You have the audacity to come back after you brutally killed my former Master?" Obi-Wan hissed, igniting his blue lightsaber, the blade shining bright in the darkness of the room.

Maul said nothing. Again, he took another step closer to Obi-Wan, as if you taunt him with his presence.

"Get away from me, before I slice you in half again." Obi-Wan raised his voice, tears forming at his eyes. This Sith was an entire reminder of the tragic death of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Before Maul could taunt him any longer, Anakin came into the room, a look of concern was painted across his face as he saw his former Master in the corner of his room, on the floor, lightsaber ignited.

"Obi-Wan, what's going on?" Anakin asked as he took a step closer.

"Don't move, Anakin, stay where you are!" Obi-Wan's voice shook. He saw Maul turn his head in Anakin's direction. He saw the disgusting smile spread across the Sith's face. Obi-Wan realized that Anakin couldn't see Darth Maul.

"Leave me alone, leave me alone!" Obi-Wan said as he jumped to his feet, lightsaber in hand, ready to strike.

"Obi-Wan, calm down," Anakin spoke carefully. He had never seen his master get so worked up about something. Obi-Wan had always kept his cool.

Maul faded away after giving one more chilling smile, his nasty teeth showing. Obi-Wan's hands shook as he turned off his lightsaber and put it beside him on the floor.

Anakin rushed over to him. He cradled the older man's face and looked him in the eyes. His former Master's eyes were glossy with tears. Anakin wiped away one stray tear on Obi-Wan's cheek with his gloved hand.

"You're okay now, you're okay." Anakin whispered as he held his trembling former Master, running his hand through the strawberry blonde locks of Obi-Wan's hair.

Obi-Wan clinged to Anakin, the fabric of the younger's Jedi tunic in his fists as he dug his face in Anakin's neck.

There they lay, with Obi-Wan clinging to Anakin for his dear life, and with Anakin holding Obi-Wan as tight as he could, whispering sweet nothings in his ear.