Apology Accepted

[ SOFT FLUFF ]

Anakin exited his starfighter, a proud grin across his face, which was a rare occurance— he usually frowned or smirked.

Anakin had been gone for an unusually long time. His mission required him to be patient and observant, which was not a strong suit for Anakin. He was undercover and getting to the bottom of assassination threats against Chancellor Palpatine. It spanned across days, and he couldn't believe he was finally home.

His boots scuffed against the concrete of Corsucant's landing platform as he walked. He saw Obi-Wan talking with Captain Rex and Ahsoka.

He quickly hurried over to them, crossing his arms when he noticed they hadn't acknowledged him yet. It seemed Ahsoka was getting ready for a solo mission. Finally, he spoke up. "I didn't know my padawan was being assigned to a mission without me here."

Obi-Wan turned around fast, relief washed over his face. He smiled, and threw his arms around Anakin.

Anakin stumbled back, shocked. He returned Kenobi's hug. Ahsoka threw a look towards Rex, and boarded her ship with him.

"You idiot, you're so stupid." Obi-Wan whispered in Anakin's ear, squeezing him tight.

"Obi-Wan, I can't breathe." Anakin let his hug on Obi-Wan loosen.

"I don't care. You had me worried sick! What were you thinking, Anakin?!" The furious strawberry blonde didn't release his grip on him. "Turning off your comm-link? We had no communication with you for days!" He scolded.

"I'm sorry Obi-Wan, once the bounty hunters found out about me, they ransacked my ship and destroyed my comm-link. I couldn't do anything about it!" Anakin said, prying Obi-Wan off of him and holding him by his shoulders.

"You're such an idiot." Obi-Wan said as he pulled Anakin's hands off of him and cupped the other's face. He placed a peck on his cheek. "Don't ever scare me like that again, or I will break the code and kill you without trial."

Anakin chuckled, placing his hand on Obi-Wan's. "I'm here now, Obi-Wan. I told you I would come back, so stop getting so worked up."

Obi-Wan took his hand from Anakin's cheek in a swift motion. He turned and started walking away, muttering under his breath, "Stop getting so worked up Obi-Wan, it wasn't a big deal, Obi-Wan."

"No, Obi- come back I was kidding." Anakin huffed and ran up to catch up with his partner. Obi-Wan continued to ignore him, so he had an idea.

Anakin kicked the back of Obi-Wan's knees and made him stumble, and then quickly bent down, placed his arm under Kenobi's knees, one under his back, and lifted him up bridal style.

"Put me down! I'm trying to be angry at you!" Obi-Wan yelled.

"Mmm, nope." Anakin smiled, pecking Obi-Wan's forehead as he spun him around.

Anakin's grip was strong as he squeezed Obi-Wan to his chest. "It is pointless to resist, stop squirming."

Obi-Wan gave in, sighing. Anakin put him down. "Finally, Anakin." He dusted off his tunic.

"Do you forgive me?" Anakin asked, brushing back a strand of hair that fell in Obi-Wan's face.

"Never do it again." Obi-Wan scolded. He suddenly grabbed Anakin's face and kissed him.

As they parted, Anakin spoke up. "Okay, yeah, that was one of the best accepted apologies ever."

Obi-Wan lifted his brow. "One of?"

"Okay, Okay, the best." Anakin laughed.

[ END ]

SORRY MY WRITING IS CHEESY IM SO SOFT FOR MY BABIES RN 🥺💓💕