The Nottingham Goose fair

CHAPTER ONE: The Nottingham Goose Fair.

It was cold.

I could see the frost in the air as the puddles froze, but it made no sense, it's July it shouldn't be this cold.
Hadleigh looked equally as confused as we looked at our surroundings, the tunnel was made of concrete that was covered in a mixture of terrible graffiti tags and large art pieces. For safety, along the top of the walls where thick 80s floodlights that made the area appeared more menacing than it probably was.

My head snapped as I heard two sets of footsteps, the two figures jumped over the metal gate to take cover from the rain.
As the lights flickered and the light covers began to freeze over, Harry knew what was coming, and frightfully, so did I.
"What do we do?" Hadleigh whispered.
"Nothing, this hasn't happened yet." I remained her.

The large cloaked figure swooped around the two boys, with a bone hand; the dementor pushed Harry against the wall, jaw slack as the dementor went about sucking out what little hope Harry had.
Unable to see the Dementors, the Muggle Harry was with tried to run, however, slipped on the ice that was once a puddle created by the flash rainstorm.
Attacking Harry was strange enough, however from above the tunnel, a second Dementor had been waiting.
The boy on the floor had no hopes to escape the monster he couldn't see as the secondary Dementor attacked, a blur surrounded his round face as the Dementor did its thing

In a surprise move, Harry pulled out his wand, using a stunning spell to distracted the created long enough to be dropped back on to the floor.
"Expecto Patronus!" He spoke airily, sending one Dementor flying out of the tunnel.

Noticing the other boy, Harry held on to the spell, directing it to the other side of the tunnel spending the second Dementor spinning up and over the bridge.

Waking up with a headache, Hadleigh groaned, glaring at me from the spare bed in my room.
"Dementors?" She questioned," the fucker does nothing all summer and now Harry's being attacked by Dementors?"
I sat up, leaning on my headboard," he's got the Ministry."
"What?" She sat up properly.
"Dementors are under the control of the Ministry," I reminded her," They don't just attack without reason, it's a hint he's either got spies in the Ministry or he has partial control."
She pulled out the charmed parchment Remus gave us, from my bedside table; I threw her over a spare quill and she opened the ink pot from my vanity table.

"We still meeting Hermione today at five?" She asked as she wrote down what happened
I nodded, "Yeah, you two are obsessed with taking me to a Muggle fair."
"Because everyone should go to them." Hadleigh smiled brightly," with Cotton candy and freshly fried doughnuts."
"As long as I don't see Seamus any time soon," I mumbled.
Hadleigh looked up from the paper as she pressed the CL blue wax seal on the letter," What actually happened on that date?"

"He had a go at anyone  who believes Lord no-Nose has returned," I sighed," his mum believes the Prophet so he's gone along with it."
Hadleigh pulled a face," That's not exactly dinner conversation."
"Gets better, I told him that everyone has a right to believe whatever they want to, he then said that because of my link to the first war I was too 'close' to it and would believe anything," I continue," Seamus's Gryffindor pride got in the way and then he broke up with me due to a difference in views."

Hadleigh blinked a few times," Wait what?"
"Yep." I nodded," He and Dean still come here because they hang out with Neville, but he just doesn't want to believe that it's a real thing."
"Merlin." Hadleigh muttered," And he was doing so well."
I smiled, pushing the thin sheets from my legs," Yeah, well, even to good ones have a crappy side."
"Not all the good ones," Hadleigh smirked.
"Oh aye?" I questioned opening my wardrobe," Like who? Because You have an eye on Anthony."
Hadleigh smirked," A certain blonde-haired snake."
"Draco?" I questioned," We are friends."
"For a girl who sees fixed events, you are pretty shit and seeing this." She mumbled, picked up the clothes from her bag.