The Attack

CHAPTER TWO: The Attack.

The café looked the same, empty as always with a perfect view of the Eiffel tower. The interior of the café had changed since last Saturday, I was smiling at the sheer about of books in the room with Edison lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling and cosy sofas tucked away in the corner or in front of large floor to ceiling windows.

The Eiffel tower was lit up, with the top acting as a lighthouse as the metal bars that formed the structure twinkles like stars.

"How was the fair?"

Curling up on the sofa in front of him, he pushed over a bowl of honeycomb ice cream as he drank the smallest cup of coffee I had ever seen.
"It was amazing!" I laughed," We went on a load of rides and I went on a train for a proper muggle commute rather than for school. We ate so much that I still have candy floss next to my bed."
Draco almost smiled," Sounds fun."
"I even won one of those muggle toys." My voice got higher the more excited I got," How's your summer?"

As he turned his face, I could see the shadow of several bruises on his face; one looked like the head of Lucious Malfoy's cane and the other was fading but looked like a hand.
"Dray?" I spoke softly," What's going on?"
He finally looked me in the eye, Draco Malfoy was broken; his grey stormy eyes looked cracked as they held the sadness he wasn't allowed to feel.

"Just – Don't worry about me Cels," He let out a deep breath," You will stay safe."
I blinked a few times," Not worry? You look like you had a fight with a brick wall and lost."
"I know." He gave me a pointed look," and because of it, fake Paris is the furthest I have been outside my house for a month."
I sighed," We can always get ice cream down Diagon Alley before school starts."
"As much as I love that idea," Draco licked his lips," I don't think my family will be leaving the house much anymore, due to... unexpected visitors."
My supporting smile fades," You have..."
Draco nodded with a tight smile.

Around us was a horrible beeping noise, Draco's put his tiny cup down on the plate.
"See you next Saturday, Cels."
I nodded," Yeah, you too."

I didn't get up for a while, the heat was too much.

Grandpa knocked on the bedroom door, groaning; the man laughed as he held a bowl in his hands.
"Warm day," He smiled, his ice cream shop uniform already on," It's going to be cold in the shop so if you and Neville want to help out, you can."
Sitting up, I smiled," Sure."
"Ok, comfortable shoes; none of those heeled boots you keep wearing." He gave his signature bright smile," oh and try this for me."

Taking the bowl, I looked at it, it looked like ice cream with large pieces of cereal whipped in.
"What is it?" I asked, stabbing it a little.
Grandpa cleared his throat," New for 1995, The Ice Cream you can eat for breakfast."
"What's in it?" I questioned.
"Cornflakes, coco pops, sugar puff and shreddies."
I smiled," That is knitted by grannies."
"What?" Grandpa asked confused.
"You know, Shreddies they are knitted by Grannie." I repeated," It was on an advert at Hadleigh's house."

Giving up trying to explain this advert, I took a bite of the ice cream. It was strange, even for my grandpa; it was smooth but crunchy in some places and then overly sweet in others.
"And?" He asked.
Nodding, I put the spoon back in the bowl," Maybe work in the sugar consistency cause in someplace it's a normal breakfast sweet than in others it's like I've eaten a sugar cube."

My Grandpa smiled, kissing my head," I knew I could get some proper feedback from you."

Kicking my sheets off, I changed into an oversized muggle band t-shirt and a pair of cycling shorts. As I made a cup of tea, I shook my damp hair out thinking the heat will dry it quicker.
On the perch by the window, Tallulah has the morning paper in her talons, I glanced at it as I passed. Stopping I walked backwards to check what I had read was true.