Truth Serum

Chapter Twenty: Truth Serum

A long table filled the space, no fires had been lit and all the lights were out. Only a hand full of the chairs had been filled by masked members and they never sat next to each other, as if the empty chairs were the places of people who had yet to take their seats.
Lord Noseless sneered, "We need that prophecy!"
"Broderick Bode, the Unspeakable we used to gain access is in the Hospital Wing after being attacked by the Chrystal Ball that held the Prophecy." A masked figure spoke, their accent was southern English and held a familiar twang,
"Interesting." Noseless hummed his pet snake around his shoulders.
A snort of a laugh echoed from the furthest seat," Did Podmore give us anything?"
"No. He's not deep enough with the Order but has stated that they have started to guard the department of Mysteries at night in a rotation."
The Noseless Dictator said nothing, his snake-like eyes scanning the room.
"Do they know something we don't?" Another masked person questioned, putting both of his forearms on the tables.
Voldemort bared his teeth to the table, "If the prophecy is about Harry Potter and myself maybe only, we can take it."
"But my Lord, if you go into the open  -"
"I did not say me!" He yelled.
Another masked figure leaned forwards," You mean to trick the boy into getting it for you."
"We just have to pursue him to do so." The Snake spoke, his pronunciation of his s's sent chills down my back," Who is on guard in the next week?"
"We can ask our spy for the rotations."
My heart sank, it was confirmed, the mole is now a spy, someone closer than we had thought...Shit.

"Miss Longbottom!" Umbridge snapped harshly.
Blinking several times, my eyes darted to the Pink Devil and my posture bolted upright," Yes, Sorry."
"Age and year."
I cleared my throat," I am sixteen as of October 31st,  and I'm in my fifth year, Ravenclaw."
"Good, can I offer some tea?"
Not wanting to turn down her offer I took a few sips of the tea  in front of me, I wanted to stop after a third of the cup, however, Professor Umbridge's stern look forced me to finish the drink entirely.
My mind started to cloud over, everything I was hiding suddenly felt like it was on the tip of my tongue ready to burst from my lips like a broken damn. 
"Something wrong?" Umbridge asked innocently.
I shake my head," No, just not my favourite tea blend."
Which wasn't a lie, Candyleaf tea was vile, I was more of a rose tea person.
"Do you know why you are here?" She asked, her questions starting simple.
Shaking my head, I placed my hand on my knee to stop it from bouncing," No, you called me out of History of Magic so..."
"You are here because I believe you are involved in some illicit activities."
I choked on air, my mind going to the worst places," I'm sorry what?"
"What do you do after classes?"
Biting my tongue didn't work as the answer spilt from my lips," I either do my homework with Hadleigh, Anthony and Isabelle in the Ravenclaw library, on choir days, I'm with Joe and Georgia as we practise some of our new original songs, I do my potions work with Draco Malfoy because we are potions partners, then I have a group practice on Thursdays."
"What is the group practice?" She asked leaning forwards.
"Mostly, I'm helping Neville." I ground my teeth to stubs as I forced the rest of the words back down my throat.
If I was being forced to tell the truth, I'd make it as blunt as possible to avoid rambling and exposing something I wasn't meant to.

Professor Umbridge hummed as she noted it down, "Do you have any secrets that you need to confess to?"
yes, I am a Dreamwalker, I saw the death of my friend and did nothing to stop it, I'm a spy for the Order of The Phoenix, I really miss wearing colours however stuck in this void of self-hatred, half the time I hate Harry Potter, the Minister for Magic can fuck off, I miss my parents and I think I really like Draco Malfoy.
Shit.

"I miss my parents." I bluntly said," I miss mum's songs she uses to sing with dad to send me to sleep, I miss my god-parents coming over to play tea parties with me as mum baked Welsh Cakes in the kitchen –"
Professor Umbridge raised her hand to stop me from talking, "Anything that might get you into trouble?"
"I dream of killing Bellatrix Lestrange, all the ways I would end her life, would I chain her up like she did my dad, make her watch as her family was battered and bruised, but then I realise she wouldn't care so it wouldn't matter if she died slowly or quickly." I scoffed, looking at my bare legs," I blame myself for Lisa Turpin's death even though I didn't kill her. Is that what you want to hear?"