bonus chapter

"daddy! daddy, you wanna hear a joke?"

yoongi stopped washing the dishes to turn around, smiling at his five year old son who was jumping up and down and tugging on his clothes excitedly.

"sure sungjin. i hope this is better than your father's." yoongi said and the small boy nodded enthusiastically. "okay, what kind of tree do..." sungjin paused to look down at his hand, his brows furrowed and a pout on his lips.

"daddy! what dis say again!?" sungjin ran out of the kitchen to go to his other dad who he had practiced the joke with before going to tell yoongi.

yoongi held back a laugh, waiting for his son to come running back once jungkook reminded him what the joke was. a second later, sungjin ran back into the kitchen and smiled up at his dad.

"what kind of tree do fingers grow on!?" sungjin asked, already giggling as yoongi pretended to think of an answer. "oh, i don't know. what kind?" yoongi asked and sungjin giggled loudly, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"a palm tree!" sungjin screamed and yoongi gasped, letting out a laugh as sungjin toppled over on the floor and began rolling around as he laughed uncontrollably. "that's a great joke baby. so much better than your dad's." yoongi picked sungjin up, giving him a high five as he left the kitchen to find jungkook.

"thanks daddy. i'm bored. can i play with uncle tae tae?" sungjin asked as they walked into the living room where jungkook was playing with sungjin's toys. "ask your dad." yoongi chuckled, handing sungjin over to jungkook who raised a brow in confusion.

"ask me what?" jungkook asked and sungjin immediately widened his eyes and jutted out his bottom lip in a pout. "can i please play with uncle tae tae? please daddy? i'll be good forever and ever and ever and ever and—"

"no." jungkook cut the young boy off making the younger whine, pretending to be extremely upset. "fine. you never want me to be happy. you only care about puns and daddy. you no like me." sungjin pushed his dad away and went to yoongi, fake crying into his shirt.

yoongi gave jungkook the look but jungkook shook his head, not wanting to fall for it because he didn't like having taehyung over. it was awkward for him even though his husband and his son got along just fine.

"it's okay sungjin. i'll just call uncle tae tae and he can come over. we don't need your father's permission." yoongi said and sungjin cheered happily, clapping his hands together and sticking his tongue out at jungkook who was in shock. "oh hell no." jungkook quickly snatched yoongi's phone out of his hands when he pulled it out to text taehyung.

"babe, it's awkward." jungkook whined, sounding just like his five year old son. "jungkook. get over it. it's been so many years since you and taehyung broke up and you're still acting like this. the man is literally married." yoongi said and jungkook pouted, looking at his son who mouthed 'period' which made jungkook laugh.

"fine, cutie." jungkook pinched sungjin's chubby cheeks and the little boy squealed, jumping onto his father. "thank you daddy! i'll love you forever and ever." sungjin kissed his father's cheek a million times before getting up and running around the room happily.

"you better love me forever." jungkook said as he unlocked yoongi's phone, going to taehyung's contact and pressing the call button. "ugh." jungkook sighed, leaning into yoongi as the phone rang, smiling when yoongi's arms wrapped around him.

"hello?"

"hey tae.. are you busy? sungjin wants to play with you." jungkook asked and taehyung chuckled on the other side of the call. "really? that's cute. i'll be over soon. are you sure you're okay with this?" taehyung asked, wanting to make sure he wasn't making jungkook uncomfortable.

"yeah, it's fine. he really likes you." jungkook said, biting his bottom lip. "loves! i loves uncle tae tae!" sungjin corrected as he dragged all his toys into the living room which made taehyung laugh.

"that's cute. i'll be there in a little bit." taehyung said and jungkook hummed, a small smile on his lips. "okay, see you soon tae." jungkook said before hanging up and handing yoongi's phone back to him.

"uncle tae tae said he'll be here soon." jungkook told sungjin who hummed happily as he set up his toys. "thank you daddy." sungjin thanked his father who smiled at him, absolutely adoring his son.

yoongi nuzzled his nose against jungkook's cheek which made a small giggle escape the youngers lips. "he's so much like you." yoongi whispered with a smile on his face, his cheek pressed against jungkook's but both of their eyes were on their son.

"how so?" jungkook questioned even though he knew most of the answers. "he's full of energy, he's adorable, so loving, he's determined, creative, playful, funny, dramatic, bratty—" jungkook cut yoongi off by smacking his thigh which only made yoongi laugh.

"watch it min yoongi." jungkook playfully glared at a laughing yoongi. "you know i love you."

"mhm, i love you too." jungkook blushed as yoongi leaned down and planted a soft kiss on his lips. "ew!" sungjin squeaked and his parents quickly pulled away to see their son covering his eyes.

"sungjinnie, we were only kissing." jungkook said and sungjin uncovered his eyes slowly, squinting at his parents suspiciously. "mhm, cooties. you have cooties." sungjin said and jungkook snorted, yoongi laughing as well as his son scrunched his face up in disgust.

"that's right so no kissing any boys or girls or you'll get cooties too." yoongi warned his son who nodded quickly. "i won't give no one kissies daddy! i promise!" sungjin said and suddenly there was a knock on the door.

sungjin quickly ran over to the door and opened it before his parents could tell him not to. thankfully, it was only taehyung and not some stranger that sungjin just opened the door for.

"uncle tae tae!" sungjin screamed as taehyung picked him up, spinning him around in circles. "why hello cutie pie. did you already get all your toys out for us to play?" taehyung asked as he closed the door behind him, sliding his shoes off as well as sungjin slid out of his arms.

"i did! come look!" sungjin pulled taehyung over to his toys, taehyung waving at yoongi and jungkook who waved back before taehyung gave sungjin his full attention. "wow! there's so much here."

jungkook smiled as he watched his son excitedly show taehyung every one of his toys, explaining every single one individually.

"taehyung will be a great dad one day." jungkook muttered without even thinking and yoongi hummed in agreement. "he definitely will be... you're a great dad jungkook." yoongi said and jungkook smiled, pecking his husband's lips. "you're not too bad yourself." jungkook giggled and yoongi smiled his infamous gummy smile, falling in love with his husband all over again.

the two were brought out of their own little world when they heard their son ask taehyung a certain question that made them both laugh, already knowing what was coming next.

"uncle tae tae, you wanna hear a joke?"

taestan 💕
surprise 😳 it's been awhile