CHAPTER 1: LIFE SUCKS

Manuel woke up at exactly 3 a.m.
He didn't need an alarm clock anymore because the consequences of waking up late were imprinted on his body and in his mind. They already beat him for no reason and he would rather not give them another one.

The small omega fixed his bed or more like folded his one thin blanket. His room was one of the storage rooms in basement filled with cleaning supplies. The mixed smell of soaps and detergents was terrible but he had no choice. At least he had a place to sleep even though wolves in the dungeon had more space and comfort than him.

Why would one live like this? Well, not only was he a lowly omega but he was also hated by the pack. All over the world Omega's were actually treated like treasures even if they were the weakest but in a few packs they were considered useless and runts. This was the case in this pack.

He was a runt but not only that but also the only son of two alphas. Alpha Perez wanted an alpha son but got an omega instead. On top of that his mate gave birth prematurely, only to die after their worthless son was born. Him and the pack were disappointed and angry about the baby and their Luna, and that day sealed Manuel's fate.

There was one way out of it thought. If Manuel gets a strong alpha mate to take over after his dad and then he would claim his place in the pack. That was his only hope. He wasn't strong enough to run or fight and so he needed an alpha mate to bring value into the pack.

Manuel took an old shirt and jeans from a small box that held all his clothes. His father said he wasn't worthy of new things. He wasn't even allowed to work part time. The one time he tried they taught him a lesson he would never forget. He had long claw marks on his back to remember it. Wolves can heal of anything except deep claw marks from an Alpha laced with venom. The scar would never completely heal.

Manuel got to work and started cleaning the pack house. It was a huge mansion and so he still had a lot of work to do. He was done by 5 a.m and started working on breakfast. He worked alone because the other omegas never wanted to associate with him. He was the outcast even among outcasts. The other omegas would handle lunch and dinner.

Manuel was very hungry but he wasn't allowed to eat. As soon as he was done he has an apple in his bag before leaving for school. The young wolves always liked to beat him up, so he would rather leave before they got the chance. He also didn't have a car and it was a long distance to the bus stop.
He got to school before most students and the pack's kids hadn't arrived which was a relief. He went to the library and found Chase who was studying a book on ancient spells. 
"Is there something in there on how to find your alpha wolf mate?" Manuel asked as he sat next to the other male. He had eaten his apple but was still hungry.
"Sorry, no... But there is a spell on how to curse people. I have some very good ideas for your pack mates that you will really love," Chase said with a devious smile.

"Not gonna happen," Manuel said.
"Why not? They are just a bunch of assholes who have done nothing but make your life miserable," he said with a frown.
"When I get my mate I will become Luna and I don't want them to hate me," Manuel said.
"If you haven't noticed they already hate you and what if your mate never comes. You are of age already for 2 years now. You have met almost everyone in town but haven't found your mate. I think you need to consider other options, Manny," Chase said.
"I don't have other options. The last time I tried to run away they almost killed me. I'm stuck here and only my mate can save me," Manuel said, silencing his friend.

Well that was until his stomach growled.
"Haven't eaten?" Chase asked.
"I had an apple," Manuel replied, embarrassed his body had exposed him.
"You're a werewolf, Manny. An apple is not enough," Chase said before pulling out a brown bag and passing it to Manuel.
"Don't worry, none of it was charmed. It's a normal food," Chase said.
"Thank you," Manuel said before he dug into the breakfast meal his friend had given him.
Feeling better and more energized, Manuel went to his locker to get his books. He was all of a sudden pushed into the wall with so much force it cracked a bit along with the bones in his shoulder.
"Oops~" Antonio said and all his friends laughed with him.
"You need to watch were you are going little runt. You were in my way," he said as he took a step closer to the scared wolf who had now cradled his broken arm.
"Don't you even dare," Xion said as he stood in front of Antonio with Chase.
"Or what you little witch?" Antonio was the beta's son. One of Manuel's tormentors.

"Or else you will get detention for month," Mr. Lee cut into the conversation and Antonio finally stood down.
Mr. Lee once got a kid sent to the psych ward and no one messes with him. Whether they are a werewolf, shifters, fairy, vampire or even human.He was not only a pure blood vampire but the guidance counselor and made it his duty to ensure order around the school.
Pure bloods are the most powerful and oldest of their kind and so he was basically very dangerous.
"There's no need for that sir. We were just talking. See you at the pack house, Manny," Antonio said before giving them a hateful glare and leaving.
"Bring him to the nurses office," Mr Lee said.

Xion and Chase helped their friend as they followed the man.
"Hey, honey," Luke, the school nurse, said as he kissed his husband and mate Franco on the cheek. "What brings you here?" He asked and at that moment Manuel was brought in.
"The usual," Mr Lee said with a frown.
"Oh no! What have they done to him this time?" Luke was sad to see Manuel injured again.
It seemed to be a daily thing. If it wasn't at school it was at the pack house.
Luke was also a vampire and had healing powers which was very helpful in his job. As soon as Manuel arm was completely healed he went to class.

"Is there really nothing we can do?" Luke asked his husband thinking about the abused omega.
"I wish we could help him. As much as we live in a world where supernaturals and humans live together out in the open, we still can't get involved in the pack politics. It could cause a war," Franco explained.
"Why does everything have to be so complicated?" Luke said with a frown.
"All we can do is hope he finds his mate soon and he/she will get him out of this situation," Franco said and Luke agreed.
Its all up to his mate now.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Chapter 1. How do you like the story so far?
What do you think is going to happen next?