CHAPTER 2: SAVE ME

CHAPTER 2

Manuel woke up the next morning, feeling like he had been run over by a train. As soon as he got home, Antonio and his gang were waiting for him. They broke more than his arm this time and left him bloody and bruised. He woke up earlier than usual because he knew he would need more time to finish his duties.

As soon as he was done, he left even earlier than usual. He went straight to the nurses office to rest before everyone arrived. Luke got there some time before first period and fussed over the omega who looked bruised and broken. Because of how severe his injuries were, he only got completely healed around lunch time.

Manuel was not a fan of crowds and so he went to the rooftop where he found his friends waiting for him. "It was that bad huh," Chase said and Manuel only nodded. They gave him food which he gladly accepted. They tried to get him to talk but in the end all he did was break down and cry.
Once in a while this would happen. Manuel would feel overwhelmed and break down. The only thing his friends could do was be there for him and comfort him. They really wish that there could be something more they could do.

They skipped the rest of their lessons as they hung-out.
"Did you hear about the new students?" Xion asked.
"You know I don't care about stuff like that," Manuel said. New students just meant new bullies to him.
"Don't be like that, Manny. Maybe one of them is your mate," Chase said.
"You're right. What are they?" Maneul gave them his full attention.
"I haven't met them but I heard that they were fairies," Xion said.

"Damn it. Why couldn't they be werewolves?" Manuel said in disappointment.
"Who says you have a werewolf mate. Maybe you're one of those people who has a mate out of your species," Chase said.
"I need a werewolf alpha mate to save me. If my mate is different then... then i will reject him," Manuel said.
"That's cold. Why would you do that?" Xion asked.
"Because he will be useless to me."
"Like you are useless to the pack," Chase said instantly making Manuel frown.
"You see how that hurts. Don't reject your mate, Manny. He might be waiting for you to save him too. No matter who or what he is," Chase said and Manuel just nodded.
He just hopes his mate was what he truly needed to be finally free from a life of pain.

After school, the gang went down when most students had left. Manuel caught a faint sweet scent but didn't think much of it even though his wolf began pacing like he was preparing for a hunt. He just shut his wolf out as he headed home. Or should he say hell.
As soon as he got on pack grounds, he didn't go straight to the house. It had never been a home to him and he didn't like sleeping in the little storage room. He went to the river to take a bath.

He wasn't allowed to use the bathrooms in the house and took a bath by the river in the evening when no one was around. Manuel felt at peace and relaxed in the water. That was until he heard the rustling of bushes. He was about to run when he saw a familiar mess of blond hair and a goofy smile.
"Don't worry cousin, it's just me," Haze said as he approached the omega.
"What are you doing here?" Manuel asked.

Haze was the only one from the pack who was nice to him but last time Antonio beat him up for getting close to Manuel and helping him.
"I thought you might be taking a bath and I brought you some food," Haze said with a smile.
Manuel was about to reject his offer but his tummy growled exposing him yet again.
"Come on, hurry up. Everyone is still having dinner  so we won't get caught," Haze said and Manuel rushed to him and ate.

Haze's mother was Manuel's mother sister. But she wasn't an alpha like her older sister. She was a scout along with Haze's father, making him a scout as well. He wasn't built like the bigger stronger warrior wolves but he was lean and faster than most wolves. It came in handy when he pranked people. They were never able to catch him and gave up in the end.

"Thank you," Manuel said when he was done eating.
It wasn't a lot but he appreciated the efforts. Haze would have been questioned if he carried more food.
"How is the mate search going?" Haze asked.
"Not so well," Manuel said with a frown. "How was the pack meeting?" Manuel asked.
He wasn't allowed to attend pack meetings so he was always the last to know.
"It was...it was...Manuel, have you considered asking someone to claim you even if they are not your mate? It doesn't have to be someone from the pack. Maybe from another pack. Like the Galaxy Pack. They treat omegas well there," Haze said.
"I doubt anyone would want to claim me. Don't worry Haze, I will find my mate. I still have time," Manuel said.
"I'm afraid you don't."
"What?"
"I said don't worry, little cousin. All will be well soon," Haze said with a smile before kissing Manuel on the head and leaving.

Manuel got into the water one last time to wash off his older cousins scent before heading back to the house. He slipped in but wasn't that lucky because Antonio was waiting for him by his door. He was alone and it meant one thing.
"Hey beautiful," Antonio said with a smirk but Manuel ignored him. The bigger wolf pulled him back.
"You need to show some respect to your future husband," Antonio said.
"You're not my mate," Manuel said as he struggled to get loose but Antonio pulled him closer.
"It doesn't matter, my pet. Your father just announced at the pack meeting today, that if your 18th birthday arrives without a mate, then anyone can claim you," Antonio said with a victorious smirk.

"Two weeks from now you will be mine." Antonio threw him on the ground before he left.
Manuel didn't sleep a wink that night worried about what his future would become.
"Please come save me my mate." Manuel whispered over and over again all night long.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°′°°°°°

Will Manuel finally be free from this painful life or will someone save him?