CHAPTER 6: I WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE PAIN

Two days after, the wolves had started going back to school and there was still no sign of Manuel. Adrian was extra worried and didn't know what to do.
He considered going to the pack grounds to find his mate but the witches informed him it would be a bad idea. Adrian had no choice but to be patient.

His heart leaped with joy when he finally got a whiff of his mates scent.
It was when he was on his way to third period when he caught his scent and he did not hesitate to follow it.
He found Manuel sleeping on a bed in the nurse's office. The fact that he found his mate in the nurse's office meant that they had hurt him and this filled the fairy with so much rage.
He was about to storm out and find his mates oppressors and punish them for hurting him but a low whimper from his mate got him running back to Manuel.

He touched Manuel on the shoulder but the little omega hissed in pain.
"Don't touch him," Luke ordered, as soon as he entered the office. Adrian turned to see the school nurse who approached them.
He pushed Adrian back before he opened Manuel's shirt revealing the bloody lines scattered all over his back. Adrian gasped in shocked and pained at what had been done to his mate.
His eyes filled with tears but he fought them back because he needed to be strong for his mate.

"What happened to him?" Adrian asked and Luke gave him a suspicious look before responding.
"He was obviously whipped by his stupid pack. If you're not here to get treated, I suggest you leave before I make you," Luke reveled his fangs ready to protect the omega who had been bullied enough.
"Calm down, honey. I don't think the boy means any harm," Franco said as he entered the room.
He turned to face the fairy with colorful hair. He recognized him as one of the new students.

"Just go to class, kid. This isn't any of your business," Franco said.
"NO!!" the fairy's deep voice boomed in the room shocking both vampires.
"I haven't seen Manny for 4 days already since the day we met. I found out who he was and how he has been living which made me worried and anxious for days and now I find out his pack hurt him this bad and you expect me to leave him when he needs me the most. You have to kill me first because I'm not leaving this room unless my body is limp and dead," Adrian said before he walked around and sat on the chair right next to Manuel's bed. Leaving the vampires frozen and confused.

"Wait a minute. You're his mate." Luke broke the silence. Adrian nodded in response but his focus was on Manuel who seemed to still be moaning in pain which just broke his heart even more.
"But you're a fairy," Franco added.
"So what? Is it such a bad thing? Is it forbidden for a fairy to be with a wolf?" Adrian said in distress. He was tired of people looking down on him because he is a fairy and not a wolf.
The vampires decided to walk out and leave them alone.

Manuel didn't understand why he suddenly felt comfort as a soothing feeling enveloped his body. He took a deep breath and was filled with a delicious scent which caused his body to shiver in delight.
He felt a gently caress on his cheek which made him slowly open his eyes. He looked up and he got trapped in flaming amber eyes.

"Adri...Adrian?" Manuel asked but felt like he was dreaming as he admired his mates' handsome features that looked too beautiful to be real.
"Shhh... it's okay, baby, I'm here. Just rest a little while. I will make you feel all better," Adrian said before his face moved closer.
Manuel automatically closed his eyes as he felt lips on his own. As soon as he opened his mouth he was filled with a sudden rush of energy that spread all across his body making him strong and weak at the same time.
When the feeling was too much for his body to handle everything went blank as he shut down.

"What are you doing?" Xion and Chase asked as soon as they walked into the nurse's office and found Manuel limp in Adrian's arms with their lips attached.
Chase was about to separate them but Shane pulled him back.
"He is sharing his life energy with Manuel, as a way to heal him," Lance explained.
"He is a healer? I didn't know fairies could do that," Xion asked.
"No. He isn't a healer and fairies can't do that. We use plants and potions for that usually. Adrian is just special. He can take and give away energy," Shane explained and the witches understood.

Luke and Franco also returned into the room wondering what is happening and got the same explanation. Adrian finally let go of Manuel and placed him back on the bed.
He tried to stand up but was too weak and stumbled but luckily Franco caught him and sat him back on the chair.
"Slow down. You seem to have given too much of your life source. You know that can get you killed right?" Franco said.
"If it's to save my mate, then I don't care... I don't want him to feel pain," Adrian said before taking a deep breath.
Luke checked on Manuel's injuries and discovered he was completely healed. Not only that but most of his scars had disappeared. He couldn't even do such a thing. Z

Manuel finally moved as he woke up. He was shocked to see everyone in the room staring at him.
"Manny, how do you feel?" Luke asked.
"I feel... I think... Actually I feel great. I haven't felt this good...ever," Manuel said as he loosened up his shoulders.
He was shocked because he knew his injuries would take at least a week to fully recover with the help of Luke but at that moment his painful whip scars were a distant memory.
"I'm glad," Adrian said with a smile before he passed out.

******************

Thank you for reading. Remember to vote and comment.