CHAPTER 8: LITTLE BALL OF FIRE

The few students left in the school gave the handsome older man a few glances before looking away in fear or lust. Fear, because he was huge and looked like he could snap you like a twig. Lust, because even though he was huge his handsome face and muscles were something to admire.
He was bored of all the attention. If only these children knew he was more than a hundred years older than them. Supernatural or not.
He didn't ask anyone for assistance but followed the scent that led him to the nurses office.

Before he could enter someone opened the door and bumped into him. He was just going to ignore the person but the familiar scent he knew was all over this boy. He caught the scent of a wolf and everything made sense.
The little boy looked up in shock and the man couldn't deny he was a beauty. Perfect for the prince.
"I'm so sorry, Sir. But I need to go." Without a second glance the boy ran out. After the boy disappeared from his sight the man finally entered the room.

He found two males in the room and they smelled like vampires.  When they turned to face him shock was clear on their faces.
"Lord Rivera. What do we owe this honor," the vampires said with a slight bow. No matter what species you were, everyone respected royal blood. Especially when you were a dragon shifter. A lot of species tried their best to stay on their good side.
They were huge, strong and powerful. War with their kind was already a lost battle for anyone against them. He walked up to his nephew who lay on one of the hospital beds.

He brushed his hair off his face. He looked drained and exhausted. The last time he saw him like this was a time he didn't want to remember.
"I'm here to pick him up," he said as he turned back to face them.
"I don't mean to be rude but what is your relationship with Adrian. Only close family can pick up students. My name is Luke and this is the guidance councilor Franco," the slim beautiful male in the nurses uniform asked as he took a step forward.
He was a fully grown dragon but the nurse was ready to protect his students. It was something to admire.

"This young man right here is my nephew," he said and they both gasped in shock.
"But he is a fairy. Even his scent is of a fairy." Franco was the first to break from the shock.
"Looks can be deceiving. He looks like a fluffy one but he actually is a little ball of fire," he said with a chuckle.
"Did the late King Rivera have a son? I don't recall you having any sisters," Luke asked.
"Yes, he did but he was hidden. He has been staying with his mother, the queen fairy, since he was born. And visited every now and then. Only the fairies and dragons know of their prince. He is our hidden gem until the time is right," he explained.
"Why are you telling us all this?" The vampires asked.
"I'm great at reading people and I know I can trust you. Please keep an eye on his mate. The prince will be down for a little while. Shane and Lance will also be there to help," he said.
"Manuel is a precious little gem of course we don't mind helping. Just get his highness better so that he take take his mate out of that prison called a pack," Luke said and his mate agreed.

Adrian's uncle nodded in thanks before turning to his sleeping nephew. A certain glow covered his hands as he raised them above Adrian, forcing the half-breed to shift into a tiny red and black dragon.
The vampires watched in awe at what happened. Adrian really was half dragon. The man picked up the little sleeping dragon which wrapped around him like a scarf.
"I will be off then," the man said with a smile before he left.

................

Manuel had a lot on his mind and hardly got any sleep. He had decided the day he found out his true mate was a fairy that he would reject him.It seemed heartless but look at the situation through his eyes.
All he has known all his life is abuse and the only person who could save him was an alpha who could beat his dad. Then all of a sudden the great mate he had been waiting for to save him turned out to be a fairy.
The pack would definitely rip Adrian to pieces and eat him up.
Don't misunderstand the omega. He already fell in love with Adrian the first day he caught his scent and got trapped in his fiery eyes.
But he couldn't risk the life of his own mate for his own. Adrian had already proven he was willing to give his life for Manuel which the little omega wouldn't allow to happen.

And then all of a sudden a true alpha approached Manuel and is willing to mate with him and save him even if they aren't true mates.
This is what the omega had been waiting for. Right? If so, why was he hesitating to say yes.
Chris was a big and strong alpha. He promised the omega salvation and could easily protect him from the pack as well as take over.
But he wasn't Adrian.
He wasn't the beautiful man who had already captured the little omegas heart.
What was he going to do?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Who do you think Manuel will choose?