◇ chαptєr thrєє ◇ мємσяу ℓαиє

TODAY MARKED THE FOURTH DAY

TODAY MARKED THE FOURTH DAY. FOUR DAMN DAYS.

That's how long Caroline had refused to talk to Braelynn. Every time Braelynn would try to talk to her, she would just leave the room or completely ignore her.

Braelynn didn't think today would be any different.

To her surprise, Braelynn woke up to someone throwing a piece of clothing at her. Instead of opening her eyes, she just buried her face into the pillow, mumbling for them to go away. They didn't go away, instead, they ripped the covers off her and jumped onto the bed.

"Wake up, Brae!" Caroline exclaimed, shaking her sister. "I'm sorry for being a bitch. I didn't mean to call you a liar. You couldn't have known he would break up with me so I'm sorry."

Braelynn opened her eyes and looked up at her sister, saying, "Thank the lords you're not mad anymore. I was starting to go insane with all the ignoring you were doing. Now get off my bed."

She pushed her younger sister off her bed and got out of it, throwing her hands over her head and stretching. She looked down at Caroline and asked, "Why are you up this early anyway? It's usually me who's the early riser."

Caroline stood up from her spot on the ground and looked at her sister sheepishly. "I was hoping you could make breakfast. More specifically, the French toast you used to make."

Braelynn rolled her eyes with a smile and said, "You're lucky I can't resist the puppy dog eyes. Now come on, let's go before I change my mind and drive us to the Mystic Grill instead."

Caroline lit up in excitement and Braelynn shook her head as her sister dashed out of her room and into the kitchen. By the time she walked into the kitchen, Caroline was already sitting at the counter, waiting for her breakfast to be made.

Braelynn found the bread and pulled out three pieces. She pulled out some eggs from the fridge and the milk, grabbing the vanilla and cinnamon from the cupboard when she finished. She then mixed the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon before stirring in the milk.

After making the mixture, she dipped the pieces of bread in it and cooked them on a skillet. After they were a nice golden brown, she grabbed two plates. Placing two of the slices on one and placing a single one on the other.

Braelynn then found some powdered sugar along with some fruit and sprinkled the sugar onto the bread, placing some pieces of fruit on it after she was done. After doing all that, she grabbed a knife and cut the toast diagonally, handing Caroline the plate with two pieces of bread.

"Milk or orange juice?" Braelynn asked her sister, watching as she dug into the french toast.

"Juice, please," Caroline said, a mouthful of toast.

Braelynn just laughed at her and pulled out to glasses, going to the fridge and pulling out the orange juice. She poured some into both glasses and handed one to Caroline, putting the milk and orange juice back into the fridge before picking up her plate and sitting next to Caroline.