◇chαptєr thírtєєn◇ ¢яуιиg ωσℓf

THE NEXT DAY, BRAELYNN WOKE UP FEELING FINE

THE NEXT DAY, BRAELYNN WOKE UP FEELING FINE. She was expecting Caroline to burst into her room and wake her up, and she was confused when that didn't happen. She sat up in bed and looked around the unfamiliar room before she remembered she wasn't at the house and was in her new apartment instead.

She ran a hand down her face before throwing the covers off her body, getting up from bed. She walked over to the front door and picked up her duffel bag that she had left there the previous night. She took it to her room and pulled out a clean outfit, changing into it.

Braelynn picked out a black mini skirt to go along with a cream-colored cable knit sweater.

She then picked up her book, a purse she had found at the bottom of her duffel bag, and grabbed her keys, going out and locking the door behind her.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Braelynn drove to the nearest coffee shop to buy herself a muffin and coffee before going to the town park and finding a lonely bench, sitting on it to read her book.

She was halfway through her book when her phone rang. Without taking her eyes off her book she answered.

"Hello," Braelynn said. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this random call?"

"Braelynn," Elijah's voice rang out. "Are you busy by any chance?"

"I would say yes because I'm reading," Braelynn replied. "But seeing as it's my favorite original who's calling, then nope. I'm never too busy for you"

Elijah laughed. "I'm honored. There's a historical tea party at the Lockwood mansion. I was wondering if you would like to join me?"

Braelynn bit her lip and debated it for a moment. Besides reading, there was really nothing else she had planned for today and she had her answer.

"Sure, why not," Braelynn said with a small smile. "I'll meet you there 'Lijah."

After they both said their goodbyes, they hung up and Braelynn put her book inside her purse. She was about to start walking when she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. 

She was being watched.

Very subtly, she looked around but found no one looking at her. With furrowed brows, she ignored the feeling and began walking toward the Lockwood mansion.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

When she got to the Lockwood mansion, she felt very out of place. Not to mention underdressed. Sure, her outfit was cute but some people were wearing formal dresses and suits.

Shaking her head, she ignored everyone and looked for the very person who had invited her over.

"Elijah!" She exclaimed when she spotted him. She didn't notice Damon walk in or how he looked confused at her presence. She hugged the original. "Even though this isn't my scene, thank you for inviting me."