◇chαptєr thírtч-sєvєn◇ вяιиgιиg συт тнє ∂єα∂

THE DAY AFTER they had gotten most of the coffins back, Braelynn woke up and was prepared to go over to the Mikaelson mansion to plot with Klaus to find a way to get the other coffin back. She hoped that her friends would be able to realize that if they opened the coffin, they would be releasing yet another original into the world and that they would have someone else against them, but with how blinded with revenge they were, Braelynn realized that they would not care.

As long as Klaus was dead at the end of the day, they would not care about the potential consequences that would follow.

Preparing to leave her apartment, Braelynn checked that she had everything with her before opening her front door. She wasn't looking up seeing as she was checking her phone so she didn't notice the figure standing right outside, waiting for her.

At least not until she crashed straight into them.

"I'm so sorry," Braelynn stammered out, feeling embarrassed that she had crashed into someone. She bent down to pick up her phone as she had dropped it upon crashing into the person and she felt her heart stop in her chest as a familiar chuckle reverberated through her ears.

She never looked up so quickly in her life.

"Elijah," Braelynn breathed out, not allowing herself to believe that the previously daggered original was standing in front of her, looking down at her in amusement. She slowly stood up, not once taking her eyes off Elijah. "Are you really here right now? Because if you're not, I will start crying. Do not test me."

"Yes," Elijah chuckled, "I really am here."

Braelynn wasted no time and sprung on the original, embracing him in a tight hug. She stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him tightly into her. Elijah's arms wound up around her waist as he held her just as tight.

Braelynn took a deep breath in and kept the tears gathering in her eyes at bay as she realized that Elijah was no longer in the confines of that awful coffin. She finally had her friend back and she didn't care about anything else at that very moment.

She pulled back, hands going to cup his face as she still couldn't really believe he was back. "How are you here? Did Klaus finally undagger all of you?"

"I'm afraid not," Elijah sighed, giving her a small smile before grabbing her hands and removing them from his face. He gave them a small squeeze before dropping them completely. "Klaus refuses to awaken the rest of our siblings until the fourth coffin is under his possession. He wasn't the one to undagger me either. As it turns out, one of your friends did that for him."

"They did?" Braelynn questioned. She couldn't think of why they would awaken Elijah before realizing that he had been the one to help them plan out Klaus' death before he was daggered. He was the one that was going to deliver the final blow. Braelynn closed her eyes and sighed. "They wanna use you against Klaus again don't they?"

"I'm afraid so," Elijah nodded, not once taking her eyes off her. "What do you think I should do?"

Braelynn looked up at him, confused and so he elaborated, "Do you think I should help your friends kill my brother once again, or do you think I should stand by my brother's side?"

"Why are you asking me this?"

"I value your opinion," Elijah shrugged.

"Stand by your brother. I know it isn't my place to say this since you're his brother and have known him for over a thousand years, but....he's not the evil man you make him out to be. He just wants to reunite his family and ensure that there isn't anything out there dangerous enough to hurt you guys," Braelynn said, and she truly believed her words. She met a side of Klaus she had been sure only his family had seen and she was not willing to turn against him after she learned he wasn't the evil hybrid everyone made him out to be. "But you have already made your decision haven't you?"