◇chαptєr thírtч-twσ◇ σя∂ιиαяу ρєσρℓє

BRAELYNN HATED CRYING

BRAELYNN HATED CRYING. When others were crying, she believed it was a sign of strength and stress as it was something they could not control, but when it came to her, she believed it made her look weak. She didn't know why her opinion differed when it came to others and herself, but it was just something she drilled into her mind at a young age. And though she did cry often, she did hate it.

That being said, she hated how tears cascaded down her face at random times of the day following the departure of her birth mother and her first love.

Caroline wouldn't leave her side, wanting to be there for her older sister just as Braelynn has always done for her. She went as far as inviting Rebekah over to have multiple girls nights even if she disliked the blonde original because she knew she was Braelynn's friend and she needed the support.

They spent almost two weeks in each others' company and each day when the time for school would come around, Caroline would call Damon over so he could stay with Braelynn seeing as the other Salvatore brother wasn't exactly the best choice at the moment. 

Damon didn't let Braelynn's mind wander over to the day she lost them all over again. Instead, he distracted her with movies, small dance parties, and he even took her out and let her drive his car.

Braelynn appreciated their efforts, and though the empty feeling in her heart didn't fully go away, their attempts of making her feel better were working.

On a new morning, after Caroline and Rebekah had left for school, Braelynn shot a quick text to Damon to let him know that she was feeling better and though she enjoyed his company, she wanted to spend the day by herself.

He immediately responded, trying to persuade her out of her decision but after realizing how stubborn she was, he agreed to let her be by herself as long as she called him if she needed everything. 

Getting dressed, Braelynn grabbed her satchel and stuffed two books into it and she then slipped her phone into her back pocket.

She walked out of her bedroom and shut the door behind her. She didn't know where she wanted to go, but she needed to leave the house for a while.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ 

Braelynn ended up walking around town before going back to her favorite café.

As soon as she walked in, she inhaled deeply as the aroma of freshly brewed coffee invaded her senses. She breathed out, blue eyes flitting across the café to look for Javier. Not spotting him right away, she took in the details of the shop, feeling as if something was off.

The café was empty and completely quiet, the only sounds she could hear were that of the clock on the wall and the occasional sounds from the machines behind the counter. All the tables were spotless, empty as no costumer was in sight, making Braelynn frown. She knew that this place wasn't popular and though there were never many costumers, there were always a few sitting down enjoying a cup of coffee every time she came.