◇chαptєr thírtч-nínє◇ αℓℓ му ¢нιℓ∂яєи

THE NEXT DAY, Braelynn was cleaning around the apartment, feeling giddy each time she thought of the moments she shared with Klaus the previous day

THE NEXT DAY, Braelynn was cleaning around the apartment, feeling giddy each time she thought of the moments she shared with Klaus the previous day. She had fallen asleep remembering how it felt to be in his arms and when she woke up, the happiness she felt had yet to leave her.

Hearing her phone ring, her eyebrows furrowed as she forgot where she left it. She put down the stack of books she was carrying on her bookshelf and looked for her phone.

"Hello?" She answered, once she found it. She walked towards her room, grabbing a sweater she had carelessly thrown onto the ground and bringing it with her.

"Hey, Brae," Klaus said from the other end and Braelynn's smile widened upon hearing his voice. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well," Braelynn replied. "Better now that you called. How are you?"

"I'm feeling great," Klaus' smile was soft as he spoke to her through the phone. "My brother and I are headed over to the Mystic Grill. How would you like to join us?"

"Please do, Braelynn. He's no fun!" Braelynn laughed as she heard, who she assumed was Kol, shout to her through Klaus' phone.

"Get away from me," She heard Klaus say. From the other end, Klaus was shoving Kol away from his phone, rolling his eyes at his brother's antics.

"You truly are brothers," Braelynn laughed and looked around her room, taking note of how it was mostly clean. She just needed a few more things. "I need to finish some things around my apartment real quick, but I'll meet you guys at the bar?"

"That sounds great."

"Goodbye, Nik. I'll see you in a bit," Braelynn said, waiting for Klaus to say his goodbye before she hung up.

Braelynn put away the clothes she had folded earlier into their respective drawers then walked out to the living room where she finished reorganizing her bookshelf as quickly as she could. She had gotten new books and it was bothering her that she hadn't had time to organize them into the system she had created. Once she was done, she changed out of her clothes into some mom jeans and a black cable knit sweater.

She grabbed her phone and keys before leaving her apartment, excitement coursing through her veins at the thought of seeing Klaus.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Arriving at the Mystic Grill, Braelynn walked inside, eyes sweeping across the room to find Klaus and his brother. She spotted Alaric first and waved at him with a smile, both of which he returned, before she continued looking for Klaus. She spotted him at the bar, already looking at her and he sent her a teasing wave.

Klaus knew the moment Braelynn was nearby and when she walked through the doors, his attention had snapped toward her.

Braelynn made her way over to Klaus, smiling when he put an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. He raised an eyebrow at her expectantly and Braelynn playfully rolled her eyes, kissing him. She heard Kol groan and she laughed, pulling away from Klaus.