◇chαptєr thírtч-síх◇ тнє тιєѕ тнαт вιи∂

FOR THE PAST COUPLE of days, Klaus had been allowing Braelynn to siphon small bits of magic off him so she could practice some simple spells

FOR THE PAST COUPLE of days, Klaus had been allowing Braelynn to siphon small bits of magic off him so she could practice some simple spells. She had tried telling him it was unnecessary and that she was fine with only learning the incantations, but he wouldn't have it and insisted they do things his way. And so with some magic in her system, Braelynn was able to practice some defensive spells.

Needless to say, Braelynn was a quick learner.

She had been practicing because today was the day she was going to perform the locator spell on Stefan so he could lead them straight to the coffins. Braelynn wanted to do it earlier, but she was exhausted after almost being driven off a bridge and Klaus wouldn't let her until she knew some other spells she could use to protect herself in case he couldn't.

She appreciated that and agreed, knowing that her friends (could she even call them that when they were now technically against each other?) would stop at nothing to get rid of Klaus, even if it meant that she got hurt in the process. She knew they would never truly kill her as that would be something she wouldn't come back from, but wounds heal and those weren't off-limits.

Braelynn sighed as she dropped her hand to her side, body feeling exhausted from all the magic she had been practicing. Her eyes locked onto the broken bottle laying a few feet away from her, the same bottle she previously basted away with a spell.

Hearing footsteps behind her, she turned around, smiling slightly at Klaus as he stepped into the room with a water bottle in his hand—one he tossed at her.

Taking a sip of the water, Braelynn watched Klaus as he examined the room around them. It was messy, pieces of paper blown everywhere from the magic blasts Braelynn had performed and there were several broken glass bottles on the ground.

"I take it you've made progress?" Klaus' eyes traveled over to Braelynn, momentarily flickering down to her throat as he watched a drop of water bottle glide down her skin before clearing his throat, looking back up at her face.

"Yeah," Braelynn nodded, looking around them and wincing at the mess she made. "I didn't realize how tiring using magic could be. Other witches make it look so effortless."

"Yeah, well other witches don't use magic constantly every day for hours at a time," Klaus pointed out, watching as Braelynn went over to the corner of the room and picked up her duffel bag. "Their bodies are also more used to it seeing as they have been performing magic their whole lives."

"I hope I get to that point someday because I refuse to be tired each time I use more than a pinky's worth of magic." As amazing as the feeling of using magic was, Braelynn hated feeling the after-effects of using a certain amount. She knew that with more practice, her limits would grow and she could not wait until that day came. "Well, I'm off to take a shower at my place."

Braelynn began walking away, slowing down as she walked past Klaus. "I promise I'll be back to clean up the mess I made."

"I'll hold you to it because I will not be cleaning up after your messes," Klaus looked down at her, raising an eyebrow.