◇chαptєr sєvєn◇ яσѕє

GETTING KNOCKED OUT WASN'T FUN, that much Braelynn knew

GETTING KNOCKED OUT WASN'T FUN, that much Braelynn knew. It wasn't her first being knocked out, but it was the first time she was taking longer to wake up. When she came to, the car she was in pulled over before completely stopping. Braelynn groaned and slowly opened her eyes, wincing when the light hit them.

She sat up and reached up to block her eyes when she felt something around her wrists and looked down, seeing that they had been bound with rope. She furrowed her brows and snapped her attention to her right when the passenger door opened next to her.

A man picked her up and she struggled against his hold but she was feeling weak and nauseous so it was no use. He carried her over to another car and placed her inside the trunk. Her eyes widened as they landed upon an unconscious Elena on the other side of the trunk and she tried going to her, only to be shoved back. The man who previously carried her placed a blindfold on her face and gagged her with another piece of cloth.

Braelynn began panicking and her breathing increased. She didn't know what was going on and she was terrified. She began feeling lightheaded and before she knew it, she passed out from fear.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After carrying an unconscious Elena into an abandoned mansion, Trevor went back out to the car, bringing in an unconscious Braelynn into the mansion as well. He looked down at her and removed the bindings on her face, feet, and arms, not worried about her knowing where they were or trying to scream out for help. 

He furrowed his brows as he heard her heartbeat pick up and watched as her eyes moved back and forth rapidly underneath her eyelids. He wondered what the teenage girl was dreaming about and why she had a troubled expression on her face, almost pained.

If only he knew what was going on inside her head.

 A five-year-old Braelynn was running around in the grass. Her blonde hair flowing behind her as she ran and her blue eyes, wide and bright, taking in the beautiful flowers around her.

The sun reflected off her pale skin, almost making it seem as if she was glowing. A bright smile was on her face, a few childish giggles escaping her as she came to a stop and a butterfly landed on her nose. She crossed her eyes, hoping to focus on the butterfly. She giggled once again as it tickled her and disappointment filled her when it flew away.

The young girl was happy for the butterfly, though, knowing that it was free and that it was able to fly when it wanted. That thought alone brought a smile back to her face.

"Braelynn!" She heard her mom call out from behind her. She turned around to see her mom standing on the porch with her arms crossed, smiling softly at her. "Come inside, we have a visitor."

"Okay, mommy!" the young girl shouted, running back to the house. "I'm coming!"

She ran as fast as her tiny feet could carry her and as she was running up the porch steps, she slipped. Before she could fall flat on her face, a pair of arm caught her and lifted her up into the air.