Something Wicca This Way Comes

Parker sat at the table near the living room in the manor. She dragged her pencil across the paper. Her brown eyes glancing up every one in a while to look at Prue who was fixing the chandelier. She looked down at her sketch. She erased a bit of the shading from the page. She wanted to make sure the rendition of her picture of her sister was perfect.

Parker looked up when her other sister, Piper, entered the house.

"Prue?"Her voice called.

Prue's eyes never left the lighting fixture. "In here, working on the chandelier."

Piper walked in soaking wet. Parker had known the rain was coming. She could feel the pressure change while she was in class. David was kind enough to give her his last two ibuprofen when she felt the headache coming on.

"Sorry I'm late." Piper said as Prue climbed off the ladder.

Prue huffed and crossed her arms. " What else is new? Piper, I would have been here to meet the electrician myself but you know I can't leave the museum until six. I didn't even have time to change."

Parker rolled her eyes. She loved her sisters, all three of them. However, Prue acted more like a mother. Piper was wonderful, but it wasn't exactly like she was her age. This is why the idea of Phoebe coming home made her happy. Phoebe was her elder sister by three years, so sure she had the slightest age gap on her, but Phoebe was the closest to understanding her.

"Oh my god!" Piper said, catching her attention.

Her two sisters walked over to her at the table. Piper grabbed the spirit board that had been sitting next to her.

"I don't believe it. Tell me that's not our old spirit board."

Parker grinned looking up, "Yep! We found it in the basement when we were looking for the circuit tester."

"You mean when I was and you were waving the flashlight around."

Parker waved her hand, "Same thing."

Piper flipped the board over, "To my four beautiful girls. May this give you the light to find the shadows. The power of four will set you free."

"We never did figure out what that meant." Parker said, closing her sketchbook.

Piper set the board back down as Prue walked over,

"Maybe we should send it to Phoebe. That girl could use some vision."

"You're always so hard on her.", Parker said.

Piper pointed at Parker, "Yeah! In fact, I really think she's coming around."

Prue turned and left for the kitchen to check the power, " As long as she doesn't come around here."

Piper winced at Prue's words. Clasping her hands together she ducked her head. Parker grinned. Hands under her chin she spoke, "You haven't told Prue yet, have you?"

Piper waved her hand, "It might have slipped my mind."

"For two weeks?"

"Look if you had to tell her you would put it off too."

Parker twirled her curly hair, "Doubt it."

Piper shot the younger sister a glare. Parker just grinned widely as a response.

"You might want to catch up with her."

Piper sighed in reluctant agreement and followed after Prue.

Parker leaned down and rummaged through her book bag and pulled out a math textbook and notebook. It was nearly 9:00 when she started her homework. She had told herself she would start the second she got home but then she wanted dinner, and to watch Oprah, and maybe do some pottery, or work on her paintings, or basically anything but homework.