The Fifth Sister

It's was pouring rain. David and Parker both stood by a street lamp,  holding umbrellas and wearing warm coats . Parker was taping  a sign up for the sister's missing cat, while David held  the rest of the signs.

"Parker, can we please go home? I'm going to catch something from standing out here.", David said impatiently.

Parker headed for the next street lamp, seeming to ignore him. David lets out a small huff and followed her. She takes a sign from him and tapes it up.

"There is no evidence that says that's true.", She said. 

He rolled his eyes, "The rain can't make you sick, but it can lower your body temperature enough to affect the immune system and make it easier for you to catch a cold. Trust me, I'm studying to be a doctor."

Parker looks at him and shoots him a glare.,"Key word, studying, meaning not yet, meaning I don't have to listen to you because you are not a doctor."

Parker heads off to the next street lamp with a determined look on her face and still gripping her umbrella. David quickens his paces to catch up with her, he had never seen the girl move this fast.

"Technically, even if I was a doctor you wouldn't have to listen to me. You could just pick AMA, and totally ignore what I have to say. Kind of like right now." He said.

Parker turns to him, looking unamused, "Stop using medical jargon on me, you know I don't know what it means."

"AMA means against medical advice."

"That's not the point!", Parker snapped, "The point is I don't want to find my cat splattered on the side of the road, so please help put up these signs."

She turns to storm off to the next lamp post. David hears her huff. He gently grabs her arm. She turns back to him, still unamused.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I want to help you find Kit, I really do. But, we're not making progress in the rain."

Parker sighed defeatedly. She knew he was right, David often was. He was always a good pick to balance her out. While she was good at big ideas he could help put all the tiny details together. Reminding her that the forest is made out of many trees.

"But we put up a lot of posters." She argued.

"Posters that are now soaked and falling off the street lamps.", He said, pointing the lamps they had passed.

Parker looked behind her at the lamp post that she had already put posters on. She could see the sheets of paper  soaking up the rain water. One was already falling off.

Parker dropped her shoulders and groaned miserably, "I guess you're right. Let's go home."

David sighed as the girl started to head home, he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty.

" If you want we could go back to my place, make hot chocolate and watch Clueless.", He said, catching up with her strides once more. 

Parker gave him a weak smile." You hate Clueless."

"I don't hate it, I just don't see the point. But since you're sad we can watch it and I'll allow you to gush about Paul Rudd all you want."

Parker laughed and rolled her eyes, "Oh, how sweet of you."

He gave a jokingly smug smile "I know, what would you do without me?"

Int.Halliwell Manor. Kitchen-The next day.

Parker sits at the island in the middle of the kitchen. She looks tired. It was early in the morning and it seemed the youngest sister had just woken up. Her shoulders were slumped and her hair was unbrushed. A cup of coffee sat in front of her. Piper held a class of milk and a plate with a cinnamon roll. She watched as Piper carried it out to the foyer. It was probably because she liked Leo. It was obvious that her older sister was crushing hard on him. It didn't help that Phoebe also had eyes for him. Parker guessed that it was only because Piper liked him.