The Wedding From Hell

"I can't believe we actually don't have Math tomorrow. This has to be the best part of my college experience." David said as he, Cindy, and Parker take their seats in Dr. Hopkins class.

"Wait." Parker furrowed her eyebrows as she unpacked her bag.

"We don't have class tomorrow?"

David nodded, "Yeah, it's been on the class calendar since the beginning of the semester."

"Oh," She said in realization.

"Make sense I didn't know. I never look at that thing. Makes things easier for me, saves me from having to tell him I won't be in class tomorrow. I've already used my three free absences" She shrugs.

Cindy nodded, "Yeah, with all those family emergencies."

"Yeah, you've been having a lot of those, is your family alright?" David asked.

Parker looked between her friends, she should have known her random family emergencies would be noticed. She had to think of a good excuse. She couldn't exactly tell them that the reasons she had to keep leaving at random time was because she and her witchy sisters had to run off and fight evil.

She nodded, "Yeah, it's just been a crazy year."

Her friends studied her. She squirmed under their looks, crazy year apparently wasn't going to cut it. She let out a nervous laugh and waved her hand.

"Just a lot of legal stuff, you know, because Grams died."

Her friend nods, "That makes sense.", Cindy says.

David pointed his pencil at Parker, "If you need anything let me know. Legal stuff can be rough. When my parents divorced, that was a legal battle of tug of war that never seemed to end."

She let out a breath and smiled up at him, "Thanks David."

"Why weren't you going to be here tomorrow?" Cindy asked, crossing her legs onto the chair.

Parker sighed, "Piper needs help catering this big fancy wedding. Phoebe is helping but she needs an extra hand."

"You sound thrilled." David said sarcastically.

"Well now that I have a day off I don't want to spend it working.", Parker whined.

Cindy looked over to her and started shaking her pencil out of habit, "Is that the same wedding that Dr. Hopkins is going to?"

David laughed, "How funny would that be. To have the day off and still have to listen to Dr. Hopkins."

Parker rolled her eyes at her friends laughing. "He's not that bad."

"Gasp!" Cindy yelled as she dramatically out her hand on her chest.

"Has Parker, the girl who always dodges her math homework, made friends with our overly strict professor?"

David pretended to be afraid, "We've lost her to the dark side, this is blasphemy, Cindy, please tell me we can still save her?"

Parker rolled her eyes and Cindy playfully, "Oh please. It's not like he's my new bestie, but he's actually nice. He just needs to chill out about the whole math thing."

David tilted his head, "Except, you know, he's the math professor."

"I suppose if you want to argue about it." Parker said, waving her hand.

Cindy rolled her eyes, "Do you want to hang out after this?"

Parker sighed, "I would love to but the wedding thing. Piper really got screwed over by Chief Moore."