Respect

Pretending like I didnt just hear him say that, I continued.

Say it Ave. Say that you want to be treated like the adult you are. Fear is unnecessary.

I take a deep breath in and a deep breath out hopeing to God he couldn't hear the hesitation in my voice or see it in my face.

"I don't care what you are Mr. Black" I tried my hardest to regain my strength as he shook his head up and down almost I'm a condescending way. Walking towards me I could have sworn I heard a faint "uhu" come out of his mouth.

I can not stand this man I though to myself, knowing that this was going to be harder than I had played out in my head.

Quite literally

I lifted my hand from his desk and watched him stand next to me, luckily keeping a close enough distance away from me so that my brain wouldn't cloud up. I pulled down my black pencil skirt so it would, in return, get closer to my knee.

Standing up straight I made myself forget who he was.

In this moment I thought to myself he isn't the jackass I've come to know in the past month or so. Right now he's not Mr. Black CEO of one of the most important business In the world or Mr. Black my boss. He's an adult. A man. A person. And we are a like in so may ways.

"Sir" I said opening my eyes "You hired me to be your assistant. Someone who is there, by your side discussing the accounts we have, the numbers we need to uphold in order to regain and attract a certain age group/company name. I need you to make a decision." I said trying my hardest to make myself believe I was talking to a close friend like Connie in order not to freak out right now.

He's your boss He's your boss was constantly running through my head but I choose to ignore it.

"You brought me here for one thing and one thing only" I stated, in a different way then I was expecting to say. A more confident way... I didnt know that side of me existed.

"Business"

I only hoped he could see the pleeding in my eyes.

He said nothing. Staring at me almost in aw with the fact I said that to him. On the outside I was not freaking out at all, but on the inside I was secretly begging he understood and didn't take it personally.

I continued though, regardless of my own thoughts and feelings on the matter. "And I hope" I said with a new found inspiration

What the F-CK and I doing

"That we can both be adults here and put our differences behind us" including the mistake you so obviously made by trying to bang your assistant the other night...

_____________________________________________

CARTERS POV:

She stood there talking my ear off about how she yearned to be respected by her boss.

I totally understood

For the first time in the entirety of my career I saw her... I can't really explain. She wasn't just another woman, even though in my own head I didnt understand that concept completely. She wasn't unattractive, that's not what it was. In fact, her confidence made me want her so bad. And that pencil skirt wasn't helping my untamed thoughts.

God I would give anythig to taste her lips right now. I thought.

But I was intrigued, truly interesting and invested in her thoughts.

"You brought me here for one thing and one thing only" she stated with an unsure voice.

"Business"

And I knew she was right. After a that was why I didn't make her a house made right? Because I guess I saw some sort of potential.

She continued "And I hope" she paused pondering on her own thoughts "that we can both be adults here and put our differences be hind us. Including the mistake you so obviously made by trying to bang your assistant the other night."

She gasped, bringing her hand to her mouth and squinting her eyes shut dramatically. The motion alone reminded me of the day we met and the sheer embarrassment she showed in her facial expressions. She sat herself in the chair thinking about what it was she just said, looking up at me with desperation in her eyes. And again I had that feeling. I wanted her in my bed, more than ever

There was silence. I had to think about that statement for a moment, I wanted so badly to fire her but I respected her honesty. She has been a very truthful person so far. The more I thought the more I realized...shes right. I'm a total asshole almost all the time. And with her, I've been slap worthy.

I let out the biggest chuckle, not knowing how I could contain myself. I took a seat beside her and took her hand knowing exactly what I had to do.

_______________________________

Audrey's POV:

He took my hand, his eyes dead set on mine and kissed it slightly. He then gently set my had back on my lap, a gesture I never thought would turn me on as much as it did. I squeezed my thighs together hopeing to bury the unwanted feeling deep down.

He swiftly stood up, that's when I noticed the faint tent hiding between his legs. I always imagined myself in these kind of situations. The kind where I was turned on and ready to have sex for the first time. And in my head, I was scared and afraid. But now...right now all I wanted was him. There was no room for fear.

He turned around and started walking towards the window, seeming unfazed by my body's reaction to just the sound of his voice.

"I completely understand." He said in a gentle but hard voice, a side that I've never seen from him before.

"And you're right"

Yeah I thought to myself definitely never seen this side of him before

"From now on" he continued "You learn from me, by my side."

My smile seemed to infinitely stretch across my face and my eyes lit up. My mouth dropped in amazement and excitement as I said "Really" in disbelief.

He walked closer to me observing my face, a dark color taking over his eyes.

"Under one condition" he stated ever so bitterly.

I knew it. He couldn't want to give me his respect without conditions could he? What were you thinking Ave, that he could actually be a good guy?

He leaned in, letting his ear swiftly and calmly hit my ear.

That's the moment I knew he couldn't survive without control of some kind.

"You be my date to the ball." He said softly, but I could tell he wanted so much more from me.

A party?

Not again...
________________________________________________

Hey guys! Hopeing you love it so far. Its currently pretty late so I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

How do you feel about Carter? Good or bad?

Let me know your opinion I really like your feedback!

Dont forget to comment!!

With love -BJ❤