State of mind

"Lexie?" You asked.

"Yes, dear?" It replied, you're seeing... well, you have no idea what are you seeing.

No english or other human languages' words can describe what you're perceiving in a meaningful way. The closest (yet it's nowhere near the truth) thing you can describe is that you're seeing a concept, this isn't supposed to exist. You don't know what this is, but it should not exist in your reality.

"...where am I?" You asked verbally, you have forgotten that Lexie isn't physical. He is only manifesting in your mind. You scanned around with your eyes, you know that you're at a sandy beach with clear blue waters. The sky is cloudy yet not gloomy.

"You're somewhere safe, my dear friend." You felt Lexie 'brush' your hair, but with what? You couldn't say it felt like bristles. You don't even know what you're feeling.

You brought your hands up to your face.

"Lexie, why am I... translucent?" You asked as you poke your 'skin', it doesn't feel like skin anymore. You don't know what it is.

Lexie didn't answer.

You stared at the entity.

"Lexie?"

"Yes?"

"This isn't... right." You shook your head, watching your translucent, irisdescent skin glow.

"What do you mean, my dear?" Lexie softly replied.

"...I am sentient and sapient, but I don't know what am I or how did I learn this language. I cannot remember anything except... you aren't supposed to exist here."

Lexie did not respond.

"But does that not mean I am not supposed to exist here too? I feel... completely different from the physical makeup of objects here, I don't understand what am I experiencing..." you mumbled as you stomp your feet onto the sand, the sand liquified and dripped down the 'sole' of your 'feet'.

You grimace at it, you subconsciously felt like it wasn't supposed to do that. But then... why do you feel that way? It's not like you retained any memory of what is right and what is wrong.

"I do not belong here, but I feel like I once belonged in this plane of reality. Why? How did I come to exist? Why do I not remember anything except your name?"

You looked up at the entity again. It did not say anything for a moment until,

"You weren't supposed to remember that." It growled silently.

"Lexie?" You squinted as it began to take on a more, comprehensible, humanoid shape.

A familiar song, yet it's something you have never heard before plays in the background softly. You yelped in shock when a dress 'grew' from your shimmery, semi-transparent skin. It was a beautiful (favourite colour) ballroom dress with sophisticated pleats and frills.

Lexie offered a hand for you to accept, suddenly, the world around you starts to spin. Actually, it's just the sky, the sun plunged down to the horizion, painting the sky red, purple, pink and dark blue. Constellations of stars litter the canvas like dots made by flicking a brush with white paint.