Mercy

Lexie felt his hope slowly chip away, he messed up. He was the cause of your sentience decay. He shouldn't have tamper with your metaphysical configuration.

"My dear, please... don't go..." He whimpered as he clouded around your broken form. Tightly 'holding' onto you. The saltwater splashed against your semi-conscious, semi-tangible body.

You watch him blankly, nothing is registering in your mind anymore. Your sentience is slipping away, you cannot think, you cannot function. The only think keeping you 'alive' is Lexie.

You're still glowing. However, you're nothing but a shell of incomprehensible matter.

"No... please my dear friend, don't leave me..." he whispered as he tried increasing and decreasing your brain activity, chemicals, blood pressure— everything! The decay didn't waver, it went on twice as fast.

"(Y/n)... please..." If he could cry like how a human would, he would be sobbing hysterically now.

He can feel and watch conscious parts of you fluttering out of every orifice in your translucent and iridescent body.

"Please..." he even tried sacrificing more of his matter to 'block' your sentience from evaporating. It was excruciatingly painful, but he has to try, he has to save you.

Without you, he's forced to wander alone for all eternity. No one to keep him company in the frosty void the cruel creator will banish him to.

"L..." Lexie felt a jolt of joy when you start to think again.

"(Y/n).. please, my dear— don't leave me—"

"...let go..." The thought was like a mere whisper to him, weak, quiet and barely audible.

The decay finally broke down the barrier of your soul and released the one thing that plagued your life, the one thing you wished to say so badly for the past century.

Let go. That was what you wanted Lexie to understand for so long even when he wiped your humanely memories away. Your soul was the last 'memory' that he did not touch.

Lexie is now... 'free' from maintaining your physical and mental self. What is there to maintain? Without the mind, the body is useless.

But... he's now shackled and chained in his prison of loneliness and despair.

He can't die. No, he must stay awake forever, he must think forever.

This is agony, this is torture— this is cruel!

He never knew that was his last dance with you, his last rendezvous with you beneath the blue.

Lexie can't cry.

What is he going to do?

Lexie 'laid' down next to you, watching the stars in the skies, wishing that you're conscious to stargaze with him.

He can't cry.

Poor, poor, Lexie. Such a tragedy indeed. His story even touched the chilly, metallic heart of the creator.

'He deserves a better fate', thought the creator. They rubbed their chin in contemplation, how are they going to twist everything to work in his favour?

After a while, they thought of something. The creator picked up their pen and began writing.

And so, they spoke from the 'heavens'. Willing to negotiate with the anguished celestial being that has lost his only reason to be conscious. His only reason to exist, his darling lover, his whole universe, his purpose.