Chapter 10 & A/N

Author's Note

Hello! I hope you are enjoying the story!

So as I hope you know, or could at least assume. Candie and the Quagmires were kidnapped by Count Olaf for the next three episodes. "The Ersatz Elevator" part one and two and part one of "The Vile Village" and halfway through the second. Not much happens for the Quagmires in those episodes, so if you need to watch them, which don't think you will, please watch them now. Also! Duncan and Candie have already broken up in the story! So don't worry! Candie's not cheating on anybody! Well... maybe Klaus will...

*Side part* I will also be skipping part 1 of "The Hostile Hospital" I don't really have anything to add to that episode.

On with the Story!

»»————-  ————-««

Klaus

I'm staring at the notes that the Quagmires and Candie sent to us. After staring at it for a while I finally understood. I turned to Violet.

"Klaus. You're smiling," Violet says confused. "I am?" I question. "You're in a jail cell and you're smiling." She says, still confused. "I think I know where Candy and the Quagmires are." I say to her, a smile still plastered on my face. "Really?" She says walking to me, looking at the slips of paper I stuck to the wall. "Look at all for letter is order. Isadora and Candie Couldn't tell us where she and Duncan were hidden directly in case the crows were intercepted. So they hid their location in her poems." I say. "How do you know it was Isadora and Candie?" Violet asks, examining the poems. "That's Isadora's handwriting," I say pointing to the middle of the poem, "and that's Candie's lettering." I say pointing to Candie's lettering.

"And just like Aunt Josephine his her location in her note, they his theirs. 'The first thing you read contains a clue.' We initially thought that was the first poem. But I think it's the first letter of each line. 'For sapphires we are held in here. Only you can know our fear." So on until you get..." I explain to her. "Fountain." She says now smiling too. "As in Fowl Fountain." I explain. "That's brilliant. You're brilliant." She compliments. "Candie is brilliant." I smile.

"And Fowl Fountain is right on the other side of that wall." I say turning back to the wall. "We'd better keep smashing that very wall then." Violet says walking up to her invention and starts hitting the wall once more. "What ever happened to you and Candie?" Violet asks me as the continues to hit the wall. "W-what do y-you mean?" I say, cringing at how much I stuttered. "Come on, she's all you talk about anymore. Besides, I saw the way you look at her when we were at Prufrock." Violet says, smirking at me. "I don't know, we were never official or anything." I say.

»»————-  ————-««

"Hey!" Me and Violet say, hitting the jail house wall for the last time. We look at each other and coughed do to all the smoke. I crawled out of the hole and Violet grabbed Sunny. We walked toward the Fowl Fountain. "Candie and the Quagmires have to be in that fountain," Violet says as we walk. "Perhaps there's a hidden mechanism that opens a secret entrance." I suggest. "There has to be a clue inside the poems." She says.

"There's something that bothered me about them. 'This sad beak" is an odd choice of words, even for a poet. Isadora doesn't usually rely on overly florid imagery." I think. "We jumped to the conclusion that she meant the VFD crows. But what if she meant the beak of the fowl Fountain?" She wonders, looking at the beak. She hands Sunny to me.

"We need to get a closer look." She stepped on the statue as I handed her Sunny. I stepped up as well. We held Sunny so she was standing on our hands and pushing her up to see the beak. "Just a little higher." Violet says standing on her tip toes. "Why 'beak' and not 'crow' or 'bird'?" I wonder, "Poets choose their words carefully, it has to mean something." Me and Violet struggle to hold Sunny up for much longer. "I don't know how much longer we can hold Sunny up." She says, struggling. Violet tripped and fell back. making me fall off because of the quick change in balance. Sunny falls on Violet's chest, we all sigh.