CHAPTER 14 : Where Do We Go From Here?

Come Monday morning, I found myself getting ready for school like nothing had changed, except everything had changed. I was a witch. Witches were real. And so were demons. Yup, this was my world now. I couldn't say it to myself enough times for me to believe it, but I also couldn't shrug it off. 

    I had spent the better half of the weekend processing everything I had gone through. The more I thought about my predicament the more I felt like freaking out. I felt as if my sanity was slowing dissolving. This was beyond topsy turvy, my world hadn't just been turned upside down, it had been obliterated and replaced  with one madder than a hatter. 

    However, for someone who had just recently found out that he was a witch and his mother was killed by a demon, and was currently been hunted down by most probably the same demons, I have to say I was doing pretty well. I was still standing, that had to count for something.

     I took one last look in the mirror before I exited the bathroom. My hair was more tousled than usual but I couldn't be bothered to fix it, it was a miracle I was even dressed. 

      I shut my bedroom door and when I turned I shrieked like a little girl when Harrod appeared from nowhere. Okay maybe I wasn't so okay. Let's just say I had been a little on edge since Friday.

     "Master Marcus," Harrod said clasping my shoulders, "Are you okay?" 

     "Yes, I'm fine," I sighed, holding my hand up to my chest, where my panicked heart laid. "You just surprised me." He nodded and was about to walk away but I grabbed his arm stopping him. 

     I nervously bit my bottom lip before I decided it was just better if I just came right out and asked what I wanted to ask. "Did you know about my mother?" I took a step back, "About her being a witch."

       "Yes, I did." He said, his face stoic. 

      "And you didn't tell me," my tone was surprisingly even. 

      "It wasn't my place," he said monotonously as he turned towards the stairs. "It was safer that you stayed in the dark. You mother wanted it so." I was honestly getting sick of hearing of what people thought was safer for me. I didn't voice this, of course.

      "She never wanted me to know about magic?" I asked with furrowed brows. 

       "Yes." 

        "Why?" I understood that this whole magic thing could be dangerous, I guess but it was also something that was a part of me. I felt robbed for some reason. I was terrified for obvious reasons, but didn't I at least deserve to have been given a chance to know this world. 

       "I'm unsure," he shrugged, "she never discussed her past." 

        He left me standing in the hall, puzzled. My mother was turning out be a bigger mystery than I had originally thought. I was starting to feel like I never knew her. Nothing about her was what I thought. I huffed before I moved towards the stairs. 

      Once downstairs, I entered the dining room where my father was waiting for me. I settled in my usual seat, across from his. His attention wasn't drawn to his laptop this morning, in fact his laptop was nowhere in sight. He cleared his throat, signifying he wanted to say something. It would be the first thing he'd said to since our talk on Saturday. 

       Things between my father and I were strange, they'd always been strange however this was different. He was acting weird, then again I was acting weird as well. We had no idea what to say to each other. After our talk on Saturday, we'd barely said a word to one another. We'd been avoiding talking. Apparently my father wasn't the only one closed off, I also feared confrontation.