CHAPTER 18 : Earth Glow

I didn't get back to sleep, instead I decided to get ready for school. Harrod was none the wiser of my late night endeavors. He dropped me off at school like he did every other day. I found Adrian almost immediately as soon as I stepped out of the car. I waited until Harrod had driven away before I approached Adrian. 

      "Morning," he said when I stood in front of him. He kissed my cheek and my cheeks heated up, knowing that we were in a public area. I wasn't opposed to public displays of affection, I just wasn't used to them. 

      "Morning." I said back, as a shy smile made it's way onto my face.

      "I think we should do something today," he said out of the blue. I furrowed my brows in confusion. 

     "After school?" 

     "No, right now," he said and I scoffed. 

     "Adrian I can't skip school, my dad will kill me," I argued. 

     "Come on its just one day, he won't find out. You said he's out of town, right?"

     "Yeah, but—"

     "But nothing, I just want to spend today with you, don't you want to spend time with me?" He put out his bottom lip in a pout. He could be so adorable sometimes. I chuckled before placing a kiss on his cheek. I couldn't resist him even if I tried. He had me wrapped around his finger and I had a feeling he knew that.

     "Okay, fine. But if we get caught I'm throwing you under the bus," I grabbed the helmet off the seat of the bike. I slipped it onto my head, fastening the strap.

     "You wouldn't," he said rather smugly as a cocky smile teased his lips, "you love me too much," he kissed me full on, on the lips. My cheeks heated up, knowing full well that we weren't alone in the parking lot. But soon all those insecurities faded away and it was just Adrian and I.

      And who really cared if anyone saw us. People already knew we were dating. It was 2019, who really cared if two boys were kissing.

       "Let's go," he swung his leg over his bike, mounting it. He started the ignition and his bike roared to life.

       "Where are we going?" I asked as I sat behind him. I held onto him tightly as he eased out of the parking lot.

        "It's a surprise," he said over his shoulder as we sped away from the school. I couldn't believe I was actually doing this. I'd never ditched school before. However I wasn't half as worried about it as I should have been. Like Adrian said, it was just one day. And I honestly preferred spending my day with my boyfriend than in history class listening to Mrs Dully drone on. I was really excited on whatever he had installed. 

       He rode all the way to the outskirts of town, nearing Lake Bounty. He made the turn into the dirt road that led up to the lake. A few minutes later the lake came into view. The lake was sparkling blue, and it glistened under the risen sun. 

      Once we came to a stop, I swung my leg off the bike, landing on slightly wobbly legs. I getting accustomed to the bike rides and it's effects were becoming less severe. Of course Adrian swung his leg off the bike landing on steady legs, completely unaffected by the ride. 

      He took my hand in his as he nudged me towards the dock, "come on." I walked beside him with a questioning raised brow. 

      "Boat ride?" I asked and he nodded. At the end of the dock there was a solitary roll boat. Adrian got into the boat, and then waited for me to do the same. I had a million questions but I had feeling that he wouldn't answer any of them, so I did what was expected of me.