Making Amends

Hello purplers 💜
I hope you guys are okay and safe 😘 I'm fine too

Please Enjoy new chapter ❤

Jennie'home….

Jennie's POV:

I was standing by the window, sipping coffee from my mug. Jungkook is married to Taehyung; it was a fact that I had accepted, lately. From the last few weeks I have been trying to get normal, and see I am quite calm now. I heard a knock on the door. Then the door opened slightly, I tilted my head to look who it was; Jungkook! No one can compete his level of manners.

"May I come in?" Jungkook asked. I stifled a laugh.

"Why are you being so formal? Of course, Kook; Come in!" I said. An interval of silence followed as he came in.

"Why are we standing? Come, let's sit." I said with a smile. We sat down on the couch nearby.

"How did you come so early on your day off?" I said, as I was always the conversation starter.

"Why? Do you mind?" He asked, giving one of his charming bunny smiles.

"I can never mind your arrival." I said. Okay, I know that it was a bit cheesy…

"Did you have your breakfast?" I said, trying to start some other topic.

"You're not upset with me, right?" He asked. "I mean... regarding my marriage."

"I am not upset with you, Kook. When I found out that marriage, I was badly hurt and I cried a lot. But now, even if cry, shout or yell; this marriage can't be undone. The truth is that Taehyung is your wife." I said with my smile worsening into a sad one.

"I am sorry, Jennie. I know that I promised you that I would talk to Dad about this, but by the time I reach my home the situation was worse than I'd expected. Aunt was so sick-" He was gonna continue but I butted in.

"Jungkook, I know that there must have been such circumstances that you had to marry Taehyung. Don't be burdened with it; I am not mad at you." I said, assuring him I was okay though I wasn't.

"You're not lying, are you?" He asked.

"I would never lie to you. But the truth is, I wanted to get married to you. I fought with destiny till I could. It was my right to fight for you. But after all my prayers and attempts; if you couldn't be mine, then I have to accept that you are not made for me." I said.

"Jennie, did I ever oppose to your rights to on me? You have all the right to be mad at me." He said.

"Just the way it was my right to fight in order to get you, I have the right fulfill our friendship. You are really important to me, Jungkook. I have gotten used to you. You are like a habit to me, I can't part with you." I said, smiling. I don't understand why I can't stop smiling when I am around him. He took my hand in his life in a friendly way (I wish so bad if it could in a romantic way!).

"Thanks Jennie. Thank you very much! You have no idea that you have took off a huge burden off my shoulders. I mean, I was feeling so guilty and embarrassed that I didn't know how to face you. Jennie, you are one of best friends; I don't wanna lose a friend like you." He said. My smile widened.

"We've talk enough about our emotions. Now we should have our breakfast or else it will get angry you know!" I said, jokingly, faking a worried face. He laughed at me and I joined in.

Jungkook's POV:

We were having a good friend time together. I realised that I should leave; I have taken enough of her time. As I got out of the room, I saw Uncle Jin.