Love and Pain

The story of love we had built started to collapse when the cloud turned
into the night and the sunset traveled into hidings of darkness.

We were seated inside the brightness of the faint light produced by a melting candle, while we talked about the global singer and dancer, Michael Jackson. I said; "No doubt, he was one of the greatest dancers the world has ever produced notwithstanding, would you believe me my love, if I tell you he wasn't the one who started or who invented the moon walk.

What the modern world knows today as the moon walk was actually a very old dance move dating back to cab
calloway in the 1930s. At the time, it was known as the buzz. Over decades
many people had their own particular variation of the moon dance, but you can see the basic similarities they all share -----looking like you are moving forward but actually moving backward. Among people was Billy Ocean....Billy Ocean was..." ----I was still talking when I noticed Ronke had been putting so much effort ignoring a call.

I had peeped her phone screen seeing it was an unknown number. I then asked; why are you not picking the call? She told me stories of an old classmate of her who wanted to get wedded. According to her, she had
been bid to buy some "Aso Ebi" of which she said she will but, her friend kept disturbing her for the money.
We were set to sleep, but she quickly dashed to the bathroom, apparently,
she had a running stomach... Her phone kept ringing and ringing and later a text which I was tempted to read.

I lifted her phone and read from the notification bar, a message from an unknown number which reads; "how long would it take you to be back, I miss you and what we have. Get back in touch at your earliest available time. I love you." I wondered if I was reading the right words or, my brain interpreting the wrong message.

Did I just read someone text my wife "I love you?" I was quickly surprised and sad at the same time. She was my everything, my all, and my life, how am I supposed to breathe without her?