Confrontation

I began to soak in enraging despise. My heart crumbled speedily like a
car on a furious speed and all I felt was pain and anger.

It was that moment I realized a woman who does not want to be kept can never be kept. The moment she stepped out of the bathroom; I uttered the question

"why are you doing it?"

She remained silent trying to figure out what went wrong. she realized my eyes has been cover with clouds of blood and the gentle dove she knew had transformed into a roaring lion. She detected that I knew as she fell on her kneels looking remorseful, crawled to my feet and began to plead for forgiveness, claiming it was the hand work of the devil.

This is someone I so much cherished, someone I proudly showed to the world, someone I called my wife. My head and my mind ran into dilemma, asking myself different questions, questions I can never get answers to, questions so painful to think about... I hijacked my legs from her grimy fingers and slammed the door in her face.

I went drove straight even in that thick darkness with a heavy heart to
the bar where I would drink myself to stupor. One after another, I continued to drink as I emit a long, deep, audible breath expressing my sadness. "What do women what?" I asked myself as I gushed down some vodka straight from the bottle tip. "Certainly, God has created perfection in creating man and his environment. He decided to create the fishes to creep underneath the waters and the birds to soar up in the skies. He decided to add some complications by adding women! Why? What am I even saying, what do I expect of the being who met face to face with the devil? Women! They are the cause we were chased away from the garden of Eden and here woman again has caused my agony, pain and frustration, woman!"

While I was being depressed, heartbroken, Aderonke was soaring in the air of happiness. She had only pretended to be remorseful. Her dream had come through. She placed a call through to Gaius, her lover since the University even before our marriage and cannot do away with.

But why make me go through the series of heartbreak if her heart wasn't with me from the beginning, why accept to be my wife if you do not even love me? She began to speak in her angelic voice, happily informing Gaius the truth has been linked and finally they get to be together.