A Stab From Behind

While she was gone, I found peace even if it was only hours she was gone. I sat down outside the window of the guestroom, an extending structure from the building enjoying the breeze as it knead my body with her feeble fingers. I allowed my pen dance to the music of my heart.

Peace is a mission
what you are bid to find
the success you got
when a war is conquered

Peace is like the waters
solemn and sacred
one of the greatest gifts
nature has for mankind

Peace is the nature of the birds
standing together with love
chorusing their harmony
with their sonorous voices

Peace is what I wish
the greatest gift I can ever have
after all, when there is life there is hope
even when a wife continues to emit fire.

It was around 4am in the morning when I heard the gate slightly opened. I already knew the devil was back so, I do not have to step out to make sure who it was. How fascinating as it has already gotten, I could hear a man's voice complimenting her beauty in my sitting room, in the house I built with my own sweat?

This really stepped on my toes and I roared out from the room that I was.

"You must be out of your fucking sense to bring this insolent fool, a fool like yourself into my house with you, creeping your lips into another, laying
your diseased body in my sofa..."

I was still talking when Gaius stepped more closer to me and Aderonke watched from a distance.

"What did you just call me" I answered him firmly looking into his eye –

"A fool, and that's only an understatement of who you are. Insolent bastard!"

He didn't think twice before landing a heavy punch in my face, another in my stomach, bash my head against the wall. I struggled to give him a return punch in the face when I felt an iron pierce into my neck from behind. It was Aderonke who has just murdered me with a knife as I began to struggle to breathe.

I fell on my kneels as my blood completely stained my clothes where I hence fore laid lifeless on the floor.

"What have you done Ronke?" Gaius lamented.

"I don't know, I thought he was going to kill you... oh my God"

she said as she started sobbing and still talking at the same time.

"It's okay, let's find something to do about this body. No one should ever hear of this. You were at the club and you didn't return until 7am where you met his dead body."

Gaius said calmly as he picked the knife from the floor and took Aderonke's by her hand out of the
house.