The Judgement

It was long as the policed arrived, she narrated the story how she had
planned. She told them, she met me dead as she arrived from a club this
morning. The police assured her they will get to the bottom of the case as they carried my body away, they also transferred her to stay in a safe house pending the time because they believed they killer of her husband may be back to do the same to the wife.

The police carried my dead body to the pathologist investigate the cause of my death and surprisingly after two weeks, they were back at the safe house to arrest Aderonke for my murder. It wasn't long to this time; she was sued to the court for murder and had been given the right to a lawyer to defend her case.

Unfortunately, how much effort
the lawyer put into saving her, she couldn't be saved because all evidence had pointed against her.

The report of the autopsy was brought to the court, where it was indicated that my head was bashed against the wall and the death appeared to be a struggle between three persons. There was an injury on my spinal cord which appeared a person tried to injure me from the back and the other struggled with me in the front.

There was also some rough injury on my back which signals that I was slide on the floor from a place to the other, however there was no stain which looks like the person who trying to cover her tracks.

The prosecutor continued by saying in the balcony, outside of the guest room window which appears your husband has been sleeping for some time now, there was a piece of his hand writing which appears to be a poem he wrote about how he feels. Do you know about this poetry Mrs Oripelaye Aderonke? He continued;

it was a poem which he titled “peace” and in this poem he seemed to wish for peace, is it that you have been given him a hard time? Mrs Oripelaye? Or, I need to quote your husband's words? ––

"Peace is a mission, what you are bid to find, the success you got, when a war is conquered. Peace is like the waters, solemn and sacred, one of the greatest gift nature has for mankind. Peace is the nature of the birds, standing together with love, chorusing their harmony, with their sonorous voices. Peace is what I wish, the greatest gift I can ever have, after all, when there is life there is hope, even when a wife continues to emit fire."

In the first verse he made mention of a "war" and in the last verse he said and I quote again "Peace is what I wish, the greatest gift I can ever have, after all, when there is life there is hope, even when a wife continues to emit fire." The prosecutor continued by saying

"your honor, this woman is a murderer and it is evident in this piece where she has been described to emit "fire" she murders her own husband in cold blood and whosoever kills shall be killed. I beg the court to not let this slide so as to serve as a lesson to others. He continued by saying;

"Your honor, I seek the permission
to call a witness to bar Mr. Paul Gaius" Gaius walked slowly into the box which he would stand to testify. Aderonke was shocked and completely taken aback.

It was Gaius the love of her life. Gaius placed his hands on the bible and swore never to lie and tell nothing but the truth. He said;

"Aderonke and I used to be lovers, even when she was married, we still kept seeing and sharing intimacy to be precise. We were coming back from the club around 4am in the morning when Aderonke insisted that we should head to her place to have more fun even when her husband was home. I insisted of course, I mean what kind of a wife would do that to her husband even if she doesn't love him, she is...she is supposed to respect him being her husband. But… she forced me into her husband's house."

"Almost immediately as we opened the front door, the gentle man was already waiting for us, exercised his anger, the reason why Aderonke
had decided to come into his house with a stranger. The next I will see is
Aderonke shouting back at him. I don't know what happened, it all happened so fast... All I know at the end was that Aderonke killed him, she killed her own husband."

" I had to run away because... because I do not know what to do, I was totally scared I had been caught up in this. This is why as early as 7am in the morning, I had reported this case to the nearest police station to protect myself from this mess, please I do not want to go to jail"

Aderonke looked betrayed and angry at same time. She wished she had some kind of super powers to kill Gaius at a straight. She shouted at the top of her voice

" to save yourself, you have to lie? To lie? I thought you love me, I thought you are my life, you are a devil, a monster!!!"

The Judge order silence and asked

"before I continue in my judgement, I will ask you this, are you guilty of the crime you are accused of?"

Aderonke looked remorseful as she speaks "no, I am not" she pointed at Gaius and shouted; "He did it! He killed him!" She was still talking when the judge interrupted. He said

"it is true, that whosoever killed shall be killed and because you have murdered your husband in cold blood, I sentence you to death by hanging."

The court was dismissed and in no time, Aderonke was killed by hanging.

The End!

Written by Sam- crowned
Fb; love and poetry Sam-crowned
IG; love_and_poetry_samcrowned

Check out

My University Days