{6} LoVe

Chapter 5: Love

"I talked to Coach

"I talked to Coach. I'm out for the rest of the game. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. Something's still not right. We're missing something."

"Guys. Lydia just broke another third of the list."

"Am I on it?"

"No. But someone else is."

"Brett?" I asked him, he nodded his head at me. "Guys, Violet's gone." Scott took off and so did Sti a few seconds later.

"You think you know someone." I looked at Li as he sat on the bench. "Turns out to be a total psycho. The first friend I make here, besides May and you, turns out to be an assassin."

"Li, hey they not of been who they said they were, but we sometimes believe the wrong people, love the wrong people. But that shouldn't stop us from believing the right people, loving the right people." Liam lucked up at me. "What I'm trying to say is.. Liam, I-"

"Hey, where's Scott?" I turned around to look at my father.

"He's in the school, why?"

"Stiles called saying someone tried to hurt you and kill him." I looked over at Li.

"Yeah, um Li came to my rescue so I'm okay." He nodded his head before looking at Liam.

"Liam, right?" Li nodded his head. "Thank you, I mean it. Thank you." He said before taking off.

"How about we go see what's going on, and you can tell me tomorrow, sound good?" I need to tell you now.

But that's not what came out my mouth. "Sure."

~~

"Guys, back off. You can get your gear tomorrow. If anybody sees Garrett, you notify the police immediately. Then tell him he's off the damn team."I laughed at the last part, of course.

"Dad, really. We're okay."

"I should've been here. And I said I would be at the games."

"Well, I mean this was just a pre-season scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it."

"Yeah, and I didn't tell you the whole story about Jack."

"But I promised your mom I'd be around so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital. I should've been here and I knew I should've pressed charges."

"You're here now."

"Jordan Parrish?" I heard Violet say.

"Deputy Parrish."

"Sheriff, what is that? Is that the weapon?"

"Yeah. It's a thermo-cut wire."

"Parrish, hold up."