{8} ChEaTiNg DeAtH

Chapter 7: Cheating Death

"Thanks for waiting. I know it's late."

"It's okay. It's not like I'm going to be going to school tomorrow anyway." Scott told dad as he looked at me, "either of us."

"Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drive back to San Francisco tonight. I'll need to do a review at the field office. But I'll be back as soon as I can. I might have to miss the first game of the season."

"It's no big deal."

"It is to me. I'm keeping my promises this time." Scott looked at the bag that dad had in his hands. "What I did, it was necessary. Justifiable. You know that, right?"

"You saved Stiles, dad. We get why you did what you did."

"Have you done it before?"

"Two other times. It's not easy, taking a man's life, even someone who forces you to do it."

"How do you deal with it?"

"You look at it logically. Without emotion. You compartmentalize."

"How do you do that?"

"I used to do it by drinking. One more thing. When I do come back, we have to talk about some stuff. You and your friends, the way you guys handle things, it doesn't seem to faze you like it should. It's like you guys know something I don't. When I come back, I'd like to be in the know. " I smiled at my father, he's come a long way just like us. I gave him a hug before he left.

"Scott, this ... it's not you. You are never going to kill, you'll never be forsed to."

"How do you know?"

"Scott, you wouldn't be a true alpha if the universe knew you wouldn't kill. We came this far without killing, we can keep going, like dad said. We got to find a logical way to deel with it, any ideas?"

"One. Let's go." We got on Scott's bike and made our way home, Scott told everyone the details before we left, this is the most idiotic plan we ever came up with.

"Is three enough?" I heard Kira ask as we walked into the house.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so."

"Are we really doing this?"

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott answered Lyds causing everyone to look at us.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

"It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic." Sti answered Li as he took in a breath, no one likes this plan.

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?"

"I think it's a yes to both."

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to. Neither of you." Scott looked at us, I looked at Li. I'm not scared.

"I'm not scared." Li said before looking at me.

"I've been through worse Scotty."

"Then you're both borderline idiotic. If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required."

"Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?"