{11} SaViNg ScOtT

Chapter 10: Saving Scott

"You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go

"You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go. But something kept pulling me here, to the temple of Tezcatlipoca. His name means "smoking mirror" and this place is a temple of the smoking mirror. Obsidian. When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me. They helped me survive. I didn't know quite why until just recently." I scoffed at her. "Until I decided to trust someone I never thought I'd trust. It was then that I found out I could not only control the Berserkers, but I could create them. They call me La Loba. "The Bone Woman." We let you out because I needed to test his loyalty. Did you know that Scott became an Alpha without having to kill anyone? He's been through quite a lot without ever having to kill. Until.. now. You're not fully healed yet... which means you don't know how to heal or you just don't want accept that Scott did it to you. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers."

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"We're not... stupid. Just because we don't kill, doesn't mean we're stupid. You were a monster way before you became a were-jagaur. You're just upset because we're different. Not every human being is like you Kate. We don't murder innocent people.. correction, we don't murder or kill anybody. That's what makes us more human then you. Ali wouldn't want this... and you know it..."

"I use to see you as a daughter, Asha. It's true. But.. Scott's not y'alls little hero... none of you are... not when y'all killed Allison."

"Allison died....saving her friends... saving me. And you're right... sometimes all we need is ourselves to be the hero. Scott may not be the hero... now. But the others will be.. Allison will always be my hero."

"How? She's dead."

"Because.. everytime I open my eyes.. I wouldn't be here without her. Allison died.. saving my life.. by sacrificing hers. The Oni was going to kill me... but...Ali pushed me out the way... taking my place... and I think she knew... that she was gonna die."

"What is so special about you McCalls?"

"Absolutly nothing... so if you're gonna kill me then do it."

"Asha. No, that's not the way." I looked at Kira.

"I don't matter... I mean yeah.. I have Liam. But, I'm tired of people getting themselves killed over me.. so Kate. You're choice."

"As temted I am. I rather let you live. We have company."

"Who?"

"You're friends.. came to sacrifice themselves for you two... how about we give them Scott instead."

"Kate, no." She pushed me back causing me to hit my head.

"Stay.. good girls."

"Asha.. you okay?"