Chapter 4 ~ The Reason Why

~Recently~
"Damian," I whispered out on the brink of tears. I cleared my throat and began again. "Damian you have every right to feel upset that I kept something from you. I swore that I wouldn't but your right there was something bigger behind it and I'm going to tell you. I decided earlier tonight when Talia said how she found out that there was no reason to keep it a secret anymore and it would be safer to tell you..."
~~~~~~~~~~
"The day I found out I was pregnant I was ecstatic. I was planning on a really cute way to tell you. I was worried I should wait until I hit my 2 month mark to tell you just incase but then I realised I wouldn't be able to wait that long and we'd just tell everyone else at 2 months" I  could see Damian's mouth quirk up into a small smirk at my words but drop at my next, "but that night I had stayed behind on the mission because I had been feeling ill and hot which turned out to be pregnancy symptoms but anyway I had left the window open to cool me down and just as I was settling down and arrow came in through the window. It had a note saying about how I couldn't tell anyone about my pregnancy or the note and threatening you and me and the baby and our family and I usually wouldn't believe anything like that but I hadn't told anybody about the baby. I'm not sure if Alfred even knew yet. I was so scared. I'm sorry I should have told you but I was so so scared."
Damian pulled me down into his arms and we sat there on the floor. Me in Damian's arms trying to slow the small droplets of tears and Damian comforting me placing small kisses over me and whispering sweet soothing words of support.
The next morning I woke up in bed with my husband's arms around me. Damian must have carried me there after I fell asleep on the floor in his strong arms. Don't hate it's true.
Damian opened his eyes and gave me one of his rare lazy smiles. "Morning habibata. Morning tafali." (habibata/حبيبتى means my love and tafali/طفلي means my baby.)He whispered in his sexy morning voice to my stomach. Oh ma gods these hormones are really getting to me.
After being carried down stairs, much to my protest, and set down on a chair Damian went to grab our plates. The food was heavenly but it always is because Alfred is the best person in the universe. I then skipped to the fridge and grabbed the whip cream and a packet of Cheetos from a cupboard. I open my packet of spicy sticks and drenched them in the cloud like goodness. I ate a few and looked up to find everyone staring at me in disgust. "What?" I tried to say with food in my mouth.
I think they got it because Steph spoke. " You are eating Cheetos and cream that's what."
I got really angry out of no where, "well not all of us can really control what their eating right now and have perfect appetites like others!" By the end I was sobbing. I'd had mood swings this last week or so but this was the biggest one I've ever had.
Damian came to my side and comforted me after giving Steph the evil eyes.
Surprisingly Tim was the one who spoke up. "Thea's pregnant guys. It's natural for her to crave stuff. Have a little respect." Then he walked off holding his third coffee of the day to one of his numerous computer screens with Jason trailing behind muttering a sorry to me.
After everyone finished breakfast we called another family meeting in the lounge and I told everyone what I had confessed to Damian last night.
They all went to the bat cave to train but when I followed the girls chucked me out of the changing room and Damian and Bruce kept me sidelined. I mean I know I'm pregnant but seriously. I still need to keep in shape and if there was someone after the baby and I, I needed to keep on top of my defensive skills and learn how to incorporate defending my stomach more. After I repeated this a good twenty times they finally allowed me to train but only gently with Damian since he knew my style best.
Training went great and I was starved. I had really started to develop cravings but I am nearing the end of my first trimester so apparently that's normal. I grabbed a snack and went to our bedroom Damian was already there as he didn't want anything to eat. I lay next to him and he began to sing an old lullaby from our childhood to my stomach, stroking my hair and I was out like a light before I knew it.
*~.~*
A.N. Sorry this took so long I didn't know what to write so I kind of made a fluffy filler. Any ideas on where to go with this would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what to do next. Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it.
*~.~*