Chapter 5 ~ The Threat Comes True

I briefly woke up when Damian moved going to patrol. He whispered something to either me or the baby but I couldn't tell since my ears were still asleep.
I then woke up a second time to the  door opening. I expected this to just be Damian returning home and waited for him to slip under the covers but then I realised I didn't sick yet. I always get my bouts of morning sickness just before Damian gets home and it finishes just before everyone wakes up. And it could be that I just haven't got nausea today but I'm not that lucky.
A hand clapped over my mouth and I could hear breathing being obscure by cloth.
"I told you not to tell anyone, did I not?" It was deep and most likely male especially with the size and structure of the hand on my mouth. "I told you what would happen if you did and now I have to stand by that promise." A needle jabbed into my neck but I'd already accessed the alarm. Not many people were home tonight after missing patrol because of the Talia incident the other night and catching up but hopefully there was someone even Alfred, I've seen him with a gun and his fists that man could take Superman.
"Ah, I see the Big Bat has installed even more security protocols but no worry I still have six months to get to you."
Talia came bursting through the door but he'd already jumped out the window. I don't remember leaving it open. The drug that was injected was beginning to work but I'd already seen who it was. Talia seeing going after them a lost cause came to me but I'd already lost the use of my body. As she held my face trying to get me to stay awake a focus I managed to mutter one word "Slade" and I was gone to the world hoping she heard and understood.
*~.~*
A.N.
Writers block is so annoying. Sorry it took so long I haven't had any idea of what to write and lockdown schooling is time consuming. I am on my holidays now but I'm now being home taught by my mum. Thea isn't dead just knocked out. I do have an idea of what's going to happen next so hopefully I'll have the next chapter out by end of next week. Hope everyone is doing alright and if you're not I'm here to talk. Thank you for reading.
*~.~*