Chapter 7 ~ I Should Have Been Here

~Damian's POV~
I knew I shouldn't have left tonight especially with everything that has been happening but the Manor's security is meant to be state of the art. I thought she was safe. I shouldn't have been so naive. She lies in bed, a picture of beauty, with peaceful slow rises of her chest as if it was natural sleep. At least we know who was targeting habibata [my love] and we can now prepare his demise. Thea began to stir in her sleep and I nestled her hand in mine. I knew she wouldn't blame me having been brought up alongside me she knew my dedication but I couldn't stop blaming myself. I had never had a father figure until a few years ago but by then I had already grown up too quickly under the supervision of my 'um [mother]. This latest incident only incentivised my growing skepticism that I would not be a suitable alab [father].  I was jerked out of my head by Thea's gasp and her hand clasping mine back, her other drifting down to the place our tifl [baby] lay. 

Before she could pose one of the  many questions she had I tried to answer the ones she would most want answered. 'Our tifl is fine habibata, the drugs used by Slade don't seem to be having any effect on the baby and you should experience  a slight head and occasional blurring of your vision but that should be gone by tomorrow. If not Dr Thompkins wants to know immediatley. You're on bedrest until she clears you which will hopefully be tomorrow morning when she plans to check you over and even have an ultrasound.'