Chapter 6 ~ A Grandmother's Love

~Talia's POV~
Thea lay motionless on the bed. Lizzie had already checked on her and luckily the drug in her system was not harmful to her or the baby and should be out of her system in a few hours. I have failed in my duties as a jida and I have failed my al'atfal [children] and hafid. Thea is like a daughter to me. I raised her along side Damian making sure she reached her full potential and that if something ever happened so that I was no longer with them at least they would have each other.

At least we know our enemy now and I can plan ways to attack him an defend the ones I love. It is the only thing that can calm my guilt on allowing my bint [daughter] to be left defenceless while she is protecting and nurturing her tifl [child] unable to protect herself.
Damian returned immediately once he heard the news, cutting his patrol short. Even my beloved had no complaints in our son leaving as he and the rest of the children wished to follow but understood that was not where they were needed at that moment and for that I couldn't be prouder of them.
As of now Damian sits in their bed a far away look in his eyes that makes me know that right now I is only him and Thea in this room at the moment. Thea's head in his lap stroking his strong nimble fingers through her hair whispering childhood lullabies in Arabic and a few words to their tifl. He's always had such beautiful hands. As a baby I adored his little fingers in the way they always looked so delicate and dainty but gripped so tightly when he wrapped his whole hand around one of my fingers and held it.
The thought hits me that my mawlud dhukir [baby boy] will soon have his own and I feel old but I do not hate the feeling. I embrace the feeling that I would usually throw away hating how it made me feel weak. My children have grown into incredible adults and I know that I have succeeded in my job in raising them but that doesn't mean I'll be letting them go anytime soon. They will soon create there own branch in our family and the will need the support from us all.

*~.~*
A.N.
Sorry this chapter is late I've smashed my phone and couldn't locate my old iPad for a few days and then due to Covid I've had to change schools so I was having to go through that process.
This wasn't my original thoughts for this chapter but I was inspired by a comment that said they loved seeing Talia in grandmother mode and this was born. It probably terrible and totally not like Talia's character but I had fun making it so...
There's a bit in this chapter that has Talia obsessing over Damian's hands and to some people that might be a but weird but my mum always loved my hands as a baby and she was the same with my brothers feet. She always says how she loved how tiny, adorable and perfect they were and I know a few of my friend's mums were the same so that's were I got my inspiration from.
Thank you for reading this chapter I really hope you enjoyed it. It was meant to be a little fluff piece that showed Talia as a mother and a potentially amazing grandmother.