eighteen.

- excuse my mistakes, love.

Southside Chicago, Illinois
4:27 PM

Garrett Sincere Brewster | Gee III

"How you feeling?" I held my onto my mom, rocking us back and forth while she had her head buried in my chest.

I left the hospital as soon as I got her call. Honestly, I was crushed. That was my lady that raised me since I was three. Just for her to get killed, I know it's my fault.

Death isn't something that not normal around here.

Whoever I'm beefing with was tryna send a message, and I'm send one back. Call us messengers.

"Papa my heart hurt so much." She mumbled in between each sniffle. I hate to see her like this.

I just rubbed her back and kept on holding onto her. I wanted to break down, but I couldn't. I had to be strong for her.

_____

"What's the word Jig?" I spoke lowly into the FaceTime call with Jiggy and Mula. Moms had finally fell asleep, but she asked me to not leave her until the morning.

I had his tech ass get word and hack into whatever to find out who killed my granny. Mula already had done his part as a chemist and got the bombs together.

"Well." He started, picking up his phone and switching the camera so that it was facing the computer. "So this is the security footage of the street Granny live on. I had to break into the hospital records earlier, and according to her autopsy, she died around five thirty-seven this morning."

"Police didn't find her until this afternoon, though." Mula said, rolling up a blunt.

"Yea, so best prediction is that he killed her with a silencer, because you know the block nosey no doubt. They would've got to moving if they heard a gunshot."

"Play the footage nigga." I was getting impatient while they was going on about other shit. "Well shit nigga." Jiggy mumbled as he started the video.

The video ran in fast forward, and we sat there and watched it until he paused it on the moving figure. It was the person that walked into her house.

"Can you zoom in?" I was squinting my eyes all in the camera. "See I was trying to do that, but for some reason the computer wouldn't clear up the image. I bought a new one anyway and it's coming later today." He flipped the camera back on him.

"Who you think that nigga is cuh?" Mula spoke out to no one directly.

"I think it's Ike. He be on some petty shit when you disrespect him." Jiggy said, keeping his focus on his computer.

"I think it's Demarco not gone lie."

My focus was running all over. I was thinking on how my girl was really dead and it was hurting differently. My train of thoughts were interrupted when my phone started vibrating.

JA
would like to FaceTime...

I sighed, really debating on if I wanted to answer. "Aye uh, I pop up later, but if I don't then just hit me when the computer comes."