Excerpt From 'Loving You' The Bridesmaids Club, Book 2

If you asked Annie O'Leary to choose between a gorgeous man and a quiet night with her friends, she'd take her friends every time. Life had a funny way of working out and sometimes it wasn't all that funny.

Four years ago, she'd arrived in Bozeman with a heavy heart and no hope of ever being happy again. Now here she was, part-time baker, part-time receptionist, and part-time fairy godmother to brides in distress.

She stared through the window of Angel Wings Café, only half-listening to the conversation going on around her. Six weeks ago, Annie and three of her friends had started The Bridesmaids Club. They'd read a newspaper article about a bride who'd had her bridesmaids' dresses stolen from her home. Within a few days, they'd gathered all of their old bridesmaids' dresses together and offered four of them to the bride. With more twists and turns than should have been possible, their first bride and groom had enjoyed a beautiful wedding.

After the publicity their story generated, they'd ended up with over fifty donated bridesmaids' dresses, a dozen bridal gowns and a box full of letters from other women asking for help.

Tess Williams, her friend and the owner of Angel Wings Café, nudged her leg under the table. "Are you listening, Annie?"

Molly and Sally, her other friends, looked through the window to see what she was staring at.

"It's Dylan." Sally sighed. "Does he even know how drop-dead gorgeous he is?"

The first time Annie met Dylan Bayliss she didn't know what to make of him. He rarely smiled, almost never touched another person, and had a way of filling up a room without knowing it. She had to admit that six and a half feet of pure male testosterone would have an impact on any room. Add in wide shoulders, a chiseled jaw, and sapphire blue eyes, and you had the makings of a man who would turn a woman's head every time.

Tess stuck her head around the edge of the window and smiled at Dylan. "Okay. We've all had our hormone fix for the day. Can we get back to our meeting? Annie and I have to get the next tray of meals ready for the Lighthouse Café."

"It's all right for you," Sally moaned. "Your fiancé has been keeping your toes warm at night. We're not all fortunate enough to have a man like Logan Allen in our lives."

"And some of us don't want one," Molly stated. Her Irish accent softened the words, gave them a lyrical quality that covered the hurt behind them. Molly's marriage had lasted a grand total of six months. The charming, romantic man she'd married had shared his charm with someone else, and Molly was still recovering.

Sally gave Molly a quick hug. "Where are we up to?" she asked.

Tess looked at her notes. "Julie is arriving with her two bridesmaids tomorrow. She's looked in the catalog and I've put the dresses she likes to one side."

When they'd first started The Bridesmaids Club, their biggest challenge was showing the bridesmaids what the dresses looked like. So Molly, a professional photographer, had designed a catalog of the donated dresses. So far, it was working better than they'd imagined.

"I talked to my bride," Sally said. "Holly's coming to see us next Saturday with her sisters."

Annie stopped sipping her milkshake. "All six of them?"

Sally nodded. "I just hope they don't bring any extra people." Leaning her elbows on the table, she looked through the window again. "What do you think Dylan's perfect woman would be like?"

Annie had been wondering the same thing, which scared the living daylights out of her. Unless you counted a disastrous tenpin bowling incident, she hadn't dated anyone in more than six years. She hadn't been interested in seeing anyone or getting to know another man. Until she'd met Dylan. He intrigued her, left her wondering what was behind the supercool exterior he showed the world.