chapter eight.

"w-what?" minji interlaced her hand with hyunjin's hand in disbelief, "y-you're breaking up with me? why?"

hyunjin sighed, "minji, i've been thinking about this a lot and i've come to realize that you aren't the right person for me."

"so then who?! who's the right person for you?!" minji cried as she screamed.

hyunjin took his hand off of minji's and turned to face the other direction.

"answer me!" she cried even more, "who's the right person for you? is it that seungmin guy?"

without looking back, hyunjin left his now ex-girlfriend crying, on her knees, in the middle of her apartment hallway. he didn't even care if her feelings were hurt at this point. hyunjin just wanted to get out of that relationship because he's realized who he wants to be with for the rest of his life. someone who can cook good food, someone's who's super sweet, someone who's naturally adorable, and overall someone who has an amazing personality. it was no doubt that seungmin perfectly fit into those categories.

[ ]

"seungminnie!" mrs. yume rushed over to seungmin, "you should be staying in bed! why are you sweeping? that's my job, silly."

seungmin smiled at mrs. yume, "mrs. yume, i want to help you around the house. you do so much for our family so i want to help you!"

"seungminnie," mrs. yume said in awe, "that's really sweet of you to say."

"of course!" seungmin bubbled, "i just want to make your life easier."

mrs. yume pulled seungmin into a tight hug without hesitation. she's been with the kim family for literally her whole life; even when seungmin's mother was still breathing. after the death of seungmin's mother, mrs. yume took in the motherly role for seungmin. mrs. yume's efforts into raising seungmin turned out extremely successful, because she's raised such a kindhearted and amazing person. mrs. yume couldn't be more proud of herself.

suddenly, the doorbell echoed throughout the whole house. seungmin gently pulled away from the hug and laid the broom on the floor.

"i'll go get that!" beamed seungmin, as he run all the way to the front door. he didn't even bother to check through the peephole to see who it was. seungmin opened the door, and was surprised to see hyunjin standing there.

"hyunjin?" seungmin added, "what's up?"

hyunjin couldn't take seungmin seriously with those pompompurin pyjama shorts he was wearing, "are you free today?"

"i think so," seungmin's eyes sparkled, "why? is the new strawberry farm finally open?!"

the taller chuckled at the shorter's cuteness, "no, unfortunately not," hyunjin smiled, "do you like bubble tea?"

seungmin violently nodded his head, "yes! what type of question is that?"

hyunjin grinned, "do you... maybe perhaps wanna get some bubble tea?"

"i cant say no to that!!" seungmin added, "where, though?"

"there's a new boba shop by han river. i heard they're really good."

seungmin looked at his attire, then back to hyunjin, "are we going now? or can i change into more nicer clothes?"

hyunjin chuckled, "i'll wait for you. just go change."