chapter fourteen.

a few weeks have passed since seungmin and hyunjin last interacted. because hyunjin had already finished his exams, seungmin didn't have to tutor him no longer.

after the so-called incident happened, seungmin tried to contact hyunjin; but stopped doing so after just a few calls. he figured that hyunjin clearly didn't wanna talk to him anymore.

"woah," said seungmin, as he walked around the minimalistic clothing shop. he then walked over to the back corner; the section dedicated for hoodies.

"cute!" seungmin picked out a pastel blue hoodie, which contrasted really nicely with his skin tone.

"₩65,000?" seungmin raised his eyebrows, "that's so expensive," he put the hoodie back in its original place, "maybe not today."

seungmin continued to walk around the store for a bit, to see if he found anything interesting; enough for him to spend money on it. since the store offered pretty much nothing but simple and plain coloured clothing, seungmin decided to leave the store.

suddenly, seungmin's stomach started to growl extremely loud.

"oh shoot," he felt his stomach, "i should probably eat something."

seungmin was in luck since he was currently at hongdae; the place known for having many entertainment places, skin and body care shops, clothing stores, and most important of all, food! there were many luxury and high-end restaurants seungmin could go to, since they were mainly targeted towards rich people. though, seungmin didn't want 'rich' and high-end food.

he wanted street food!

"waaahhhh!" he bubbled at the sight of the many food options right in front of him. tteokbokki, twigim, gimbap, pajeon, odeng, and so much more.

"hello!" the saleslady smiled at the clearly hungry boy, "we have many options here today! which one would you like?"

"hi! how much for the odeng?" seungmin's eyes were stuck on the fish cakes, as if the fish cakes were calling his name.

"₩4,500 each!"

"i'll take 5!" seungmin pulled out his wallet, taking out the needed amount of money.

the saleslady happily gave seungmin the 5 fish cakes before taking the money out of seungmin's hand.

"thank you!" seungmin walked over to the side of the street food stall and sat down on one of the stools.

after putting away his wallet, seungmin proceeded to devour the fish cakes; leaving his stomach very much satisfied.

seungmin placed his chin on his hand, "hmm... should i order more?" he glanced at the fish cakes again, "nah... i should limit myself."

seungmin then pulled out his backpack to see if he had packed a water bottle.

"are you kidding me? i thought i packed one earlier," he sighed, looking around the booth to see if there was a fridge full of water or something. luckily for seungmin, at the back of the booth stood a fridge full of bottles of water.

"aunty, can i have a-"

seungmin noticed a familiar figure coming towards the booth.

it was... hyunjin?

but he was with his ex; his hand interlaced with hers.

seungmin quickly squatted and hid behind the big banners, which were standing by the sides of the stall.

"hello! how much for the tteokbokki? me and my boyfriend are craving some right now." said minji, snuggling close to hyunjin.

boyfriend? but... i thought they broke up? seungmin said to himself.

"you two are such a cute couple! the tteokbokki is ₩5,000 for a pack," the saleslady smiled, unaware that the girl in front of her was a total two-faced bitch.

"great! we'll take half of your stack then," minji smiled cutely, looking up at the taller.

hyunjin sighed as he pulled out his wallet. he took out the needed amount of money and gave it to the saleslady.

seungmin peeked from behind the banner, making sure that his face wasn't seen.

why does he look so dead? shouldn't he be happy? seungmin thought.

"thank you so much! have a nice day!" minji waved bye to the saleslady before walking away with hyunjin.

seungmin patiently waited for the two to be out of sight. even though it hurt seeing hyunjin and minji together, seungmin had to make sure they were completely out of sight before he could start walking away. the last thing he wanted to happen right now was for hyunjin to see him.

after they were no where to be seen, seungmin emerged from his spot and started running; making sure that he threw away his trash in a trash bin on the way.

[ chapter fourteen fin. ]

[ 26 apr. 2020 ]