chapter thirteen.

chan looked over to seungmin, who seemed to be zoning out, "hey, you alright?"

"h-huh? oh, yes. i'm fine," seungmin smiled at chan, "i actually haven't gone skating in a long time."

"is that so?" he sat beside seungmin, helping the younger put his skates on, "you sure these fit you?"

"what? are you calling me small now?" seungmin looked at his skates, which were a bit too big for him.

"no! it's not like that," chan chuckled, "let's get you skates that actually fit you."

"hmph," seungmin crossed his arms against his chest, "okay."

"hey, are you mad or something?"

"no, i'm not mad! it's just... i have a lot going in my mind right now," seungmin looked down as he pouted.

"do you still wanna go skating?" chan moved seungmin's bangs to the side, to see his eyes.

seungmin looked up and turned to lock eyes with chan, "sorry channie... i don't really feel like skating anymore."

the younger's adorable puppy eyes almost gave chan a heart attack.

"is that so? okay. let's not go skating then." chan took off his skates before helping seungmin take off his.

"thank you channie," seungmin smiled.

with two pairs of skates in his hands, chan went up to the person at the front to take them back.

"sir, do you want your money back?" asked the lad.

"no," chan smiled, "it's okay. thanks, though."

chan then quickly returned to seungmin, whom just finished tying his shoes.

"you ready to go?"

seungmin nodded, "mhm," he stood up from the bench and linked his arms with chan.

chan started to walk towards the exit with seungmin, "okay, where do you wanna go?"

"hmm... is there a park nearby or something?"

"yeah, it's about a 3 minute walk from here," chan said, now leading seungmin towards the nearest park.

"okay," seungmin quieted down, observing his surrounds around him as they walked. he watched as the furious 7 pm spring breeze attacked the trees' branches; almost as if the wind acted like feelings, and the branches acted like seungmin. never in his life he thought he'd fall for hyunjin; but he did. seungmin had fallen hard for hyunjin. he couldn't stop thinking about how much he wanted to be with hyunjin right now. it felt so wrong, but at the same time felt so right.

chan seemed to notice that seungmin was staring off into the distance. he stopped walking, which made seungmin do the same.

the lamp post above them brightened seungmin's face, "hey, are you okay? you seem like you're out of it today," chan asked, now concerned for seungmin's being.

seungmin snapped back into reality, "o-oh, yes! i'm fine. i'm just enjoying nature," he bubbled.

"ahhh, i see," chan smiled at the younger's cuteness.

"how about you? are you okay?" asked seungmin.

"can i be honest with you?" chan hadn't felt this nervous in such a long time.

"hmm? yeah, sure. go ahead."

chan gently put his hands on seungmin's shoulders.

"i really like you."

[ ♡ ]

hyunjin rushed into the building, then to the person at the front.

"hi, have you perhaps seen a boy with red hair and another boy with blonde hair?" asked hyunjin, panting, trying to catch his breath.

"uhhh," the guy at the front looked at hyunjin as if he was the weirdest person alive, "yes. they came here earlier but they just went out 5 minutes ago."

"do you know which way they went?"

"they turned left after they exited," he didn't know whether to trust hyunjin or not with whatever he was planning on doing.

"thank you so much!" said hyunjin, before running out of the building, making sure to turn left.

[ ♡ ]

"b-but, i thought we agreed to only be friends?" seungmin felt as if he had butterflies in his stomach.

"yeah, that's that; but i can't stop thinking about you," he leaned in closer to seungmin, "i really want you to be mine again."

seungmin didn't know how to feel. he desperately wanted to get out of the situation, but he couldn't just leave chan here.

"i promise," chan blinked the forming tears in his eyes away, "i'll be a really good boyfriend this time. i'll do whatever you want. just, please, please be mine again. kim seungmin, i'm begging you."

"i-i... chan," seungmin gulped, "i d-"

chan laced his lips with the shorter, cutting off whatever the younger had to say. he wrapped his arms around seungmin's waist, bringing the shorter closer to him.

seungmin pulled away, breathing heavily as he locked eyes with chan. he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, causing him to look over to what or who it was.

it was hyunjin.

just standing there.

suddenly, the faint sound of glass shattering filled the air.

[ chapter thirteen fin. ]

[ 22 apr. 2020 ]