Through The Violin 8

As I am trying to hold my violin I noticed it is similar to Shar's.

I remembered my picture when I was young and had my violin lesson.

I asked Ya Nay to look for our old photos.

"Do you miss your mom and dad?" Ya Nay asked me.

I can't say no, so I just answered yes.

After minutes of waiting, Ya Nay was already at my room giving 8 albums.

"Don, maybe you haven't seen all these pictures yet so I brought them all."

I was really surprised to see those albums.

Then I started to look for the album.

"I think you will have a lot of questions so I have to be here, this first album was your Lolo and Lola's Album. The second is your Dad and Uncle's Album when they were young. The third is the family picture of your dad, I mean together with your uncle and grandparents. The fourth is your Mom and Dad's wedding. The fifth is your album when you were 0-3 years old. The sixth is when you were 4-6 years old in America. The seventh is when you were seven years old, when you were enrolled in a violin lesson and your first recital. And the last album is when you were 8 years old here in the Philippines."

I don't know but I chose my uncle and my dad's picture when they were young.

As I am watching it...

"Ya Nay, who is this in the picture?"

"Your dad, and you know what he also knows how to play violin. Just like your Lolo as well."

"But I haven't heard Lolo yet playing violin, Ya Nay."

"He's busy. He is very busy back then until he might be forgotten about it."

As I am trying to find for my dad's picture in their class picture of violin lesson,

"The young kid at the center, that's your dad."

"Then I noticed a young girl beside my dad, do you know who is she Ya Nay?"

Ya Nay looked at the picture.

"He's your dad's friend. Turn the page and you'll see her in the next picture."

Ya Nay is correct. Dad and she has a lot of pictures together then I saw them two holding the same violin together.

"Do you know how did mom and dad met?"

"Your Lola often go to the hospital. And your mom's aunt was the cardiologist of your Lola back then. Your mom has no mother so her aunt is like her mother.Then when your dad is about to graduate in high school he was diagnosed to have a Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). Your dad and mom fell in love and got married despite knowing your dad is suffering from heart disease."

As I turn the next page of the album, I saw the young girl again with my dad,

"They were very close in America but after they came back in the Philippines, they never had any connection with her friend anymore."

Then Ya Nay noticed it's already 4 pm so she went out and prepared for food.

I continue watching the pictures.

"I think I have to go to Shar's house," I told myself.

I got my violin and proceeded to go. I used my bike this time.

I am already near to Shar's house when I noticed uncle's car approaching. I have to hide so I have to go back and should change my way. I decided to enter at Shar's stairs at the back near the seashore.