Losses

Killian's POV

~3 months later~

I feel so numb. I can't focus or contemplate anything. My heart feels empty. Kiana doesn't talk to me much these days and we don't sleep in the same room anymore - if we ever do sleep. We both have weeks where we go on killing sprees to let out the pain of losing our kids. Bryson you dirty bitch I'll see you in hell and kill you again. All my life I've been taught that family will never do anything to harm you but, this family has hurt me more than I realized before.

It's so frustrating that I can't feel anything. I don't even feel like there's love in my heart left to give to the woman in the other room. I know I love her, I just can't give it to her because I don't have the strength or the necessary emotion at the moment. A knock sounds at the door. I sit up in my bed not really feeling like answering it. It opens and Kiana walks in with blood all over her. I don't think it's hers.

"I've been biding my time in the dark too." She says referring to my room being dark.

"The silence is comfortable." I say a bit hesitant. This is the most we've talked in months.

"Ace do you truly love me anymore?" She asks. I feel a sharp pain shoot through my chest.

"I... I don't know." I say truthfully.

"Will you tell me you love me anyway?"

"Yes if that's what you need." I reply.

"But, what do you need?" She asks.

What do I need?

"I need to let my family go. It's too hard. I don't know who to trust. Too many of them don't like you and some of them do. I don't want another Russo and Bryson, I'm sick of losses. Worst of all I feel like it's all my fault. Either they're going back to Italy or we'll go somewhere." I say.

"Together?" She asks.

"Of course together. We may not be in the best States of mind right now but, I'm not letting you go. I lost you once I'm not going through that again. Do you understand?" I ask. I can't help but notice even in times like this I still manage to be dominant. But, that's what this all comes back to. She'll always be my sub and I'll always be her Dom.

"Yes sir." She whispers but, loud enough for me to hear.

"Go get cleaned up. I love you." I say kissing her hair and walking out of the room.

Walking, well pretty much dragging myself down the stairs I see everyone having lunch at the table. Perfect now I don't have to wait for anyone. They all look at me with sad eyes and it makes me angry because I don't need their pity.

"I want to be separated from all of you. Either you go back to Italy or Kiana and I go somewhere else. I just can't do this anymore. I've decided I don't want to be in the mafia anymore. I'm renouncing my throne. Crown whoever you see fit but, I'm done with it." I say with certainty.

"Sweetheart you've trained your whole life for this are you sure you want to just throw all that hard work away?" My mom asks.

"Yes, mom I'm sure." I say.

"Then I support you."

"Me too." Renee and Luca say at the same time.

Suddenly but, slowly I feel arms wrap around my torso. I already know who it is. I relax into her touch. Of course I still love her no way that would go anywhere.

"I just want you to know that after this you'll never see us again. I know that hurts some of you but, I can't bear the pain of anymore losses." I say. They all nod.

"Ace are you sure you want this. You're the young mafia king it's who you are." Kiana says to me.

"Yeah well I guess I'm just not as young." I say. I know what I want and it isn't this anymore. I grab Kiana's hand and turn my back to my family. I look at her. I just gave up all I know to have a new beginning and there's no one I would rather do it with for the rest of my life than with her.

_______________________________________

So I'm thinking that this may be it for the mafia squad. I couldn't just leave it where it was. I had to give you a happy ending. This possibly is the last chapter unless I find the motivation one day to keep going. Like I said previously thanks for rocking with me on Kiana and Killian's journey. It's much appreciated.

Tell me what your favorite part of their journey was.

Please vote and comment.

I love you all, thank you mafia squad.✌️🖤