Chapter 4

"I am willing to deal with the ramifications of me being my full self" - Gary Vaynerchuk

•••

Chapter 4 - Late
Stella's POV

You know how some people will talk about the burn after working out and how proud it makes them feel? How it reminds them of the good workout they had the day before and makes them happy? How they feel achieved and successful although they are in pain?
Yeah well that shit is bullshit.
I could barely reach over and silence my alarm without feeling pain in pretty much my whole body.
I jumped in the shower and turned it on until it was boiling hot yesterday when I came home from training, and it sure did help with the muscle soreness at first but boy do I feel it today.
I literally didn't even have the energy to shower so I just went into the bathroom and freshened up a bit before somehow managing to change my clothes. Becca was still asleep when I got out. She worked late yesterday and no one should wake up this early unless they're in the military so I decided not to wake her up.

I brought my phone from my room and headed to the living room while checking the bus schedule to the location John had sent me.
It was out in the middle of nowhere. Literally.
Since we are thankfully going to be practicing some shooting today, they picked a spot far from the city out in the middle of nowhere. Probably in case Lucas shot someone from the group...

I had received a message from an unknown number though so I decided to open that first.

'Hey Stella! It's Chris. I got your number from the group website, I hope you don't mind. Anyways I was wondering if you wanted a ride to training today since it's kinda far from the city. Let me know :)'

Wait, we have a group website..?

I messaged John quickly asking what the hell the group website is and he replied apologizing for not informing me of it. It slipped his mind apparently since he informed me so late of me even getting through to training. He offered to stay for 10-15 minutes after training today and just go through everything he should have talked about from the beginning and I gladly said yes. Then I went back to Chris and messaged him saying I'd love a ride. Now that that's sorted, I would love nothing more than to just lay on that fluffy sofa we have.

"Are you already headed out this early?"

"Becca jeez you scared the shit out of me"

"Bro I know I look tired but damn, calm down. Now what psycho has their training at this hour?"

"Lucas fucking Bruno" I sighed.

"Your boss honestly seems like a madman" she said and I couldn't help but laugh. She hasn't even met him and yet she thinks that. What if she did meet him?

"Only if you knew"

"Stella what the hell happened to your arm?" She said as I took a look at where her eyes were staring and shit.

"Fucking Lucas.." I sighed and poor Becca looked terrified. It was bruised up and blue-ish yellow.

"What in the kinky fuck did he do to you!?" She said and I realized how bad 'fucking Lucas' sounded, so I hurried to explain.

"We had one-on-one drills yesterday. It's normal. You should have seen the other guy" I said only imagining Bruno's neck.

"No thanks. Are you alright?"

"Yeah for real, don't worry about it. It's all good"

"Alright. When are you heading out?" She asked while make herself a coffee.